Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSING THE DISTANCE AFTER 3 YEARS APART!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLOSING THE DISTANCE AFTER 3 YEARS APART!!!

My boyfriend and I are finally closing the distance after 3 years of being 2000 miles apart! He is making the 29 hour drive from Sunny California to Missouri, and will arrive in my hometown on Friday!! I cannot even explain how happy I am!! It is so wonderful to think about how we will get to go on dates and just be together whenever we want!! I have waited for this day for a very long time!! I have read about so many couples on here who are closing the distance and wanted that so badly for my boyfriend and I, and now it is finally happening! It truly is the BEST feeling! We finally get to be together in the same state where we first met almost 4 years ago!

Anyone else getting ready to close the distance with their boyfriend/girlfriend?? Would love to hear about how happy you all are too

Congrats!! I probably have a few more years to go till my SO moves here.

Comment

Mine is currently looking for employment here. So far he's had 3 interviews with one company. It may be promising....
      sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Congratulations! Although I do not envy your SO's long drive... 29 hours omg!

I may be closing the distance this year, but it's got a big MAYBE and is contingent on multiple factors...
        So, here you are
        too foreign for home
        too foreign for here.
        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Congratulations! That's great news! Right now my SO and I are looking at closing the distance in the later half of next year. I wish you both luck and I hope your SO's long drive goes well
          Our love story:
          Attended the same high school 2004-2007
          Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
          Reconnected: August 2012
          Began dating LD: November 2012
          Engaged! March 2014
          Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

I'm so happy for you both. Let us know that he arrives safely.

Comment

Congratulations!

He may be able to move here for some time next year, but it will take longer to close the distance permanently.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Congrats! I'm so sick of LD its not even funny. I'm almost bitter about it, at this point. We're finally closing the distance at the beginning of May. I hope I survive! lol

Comment

Congrats! That's so exciting. I'm super jealous, haha.
                  My SO and I want to close the distance this fall which will be around our 3year anniversary too, but no guarantees as it relies on me being accepted into a specific university, but if it's meant to happen it will.

Comment

Congratulations! That's great news!
                    Things are happening for us right now as well, closing the distance is a year away at most which is great. A year goes by in a flash, especially if you have the end date in sight. I hope in the next few months we'll able to come up with that date. So far so good.

Good luck with everything xx

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Congrats Me and my SO should close the distance in summer; actually just yesterday the beginning of June came up, but the exact date will be influenced by many factors.

Comment

That's wonderful news! Congratulations - it took my husband and I five years until we closed the distance. It really takes an incredible amount of strength and patience!

Comment

Congratulations!

Hope the weather won't make his travels too difficult...

Welcome to CD life!
                          Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                          And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                          ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Thank you all so much! My boyfriend finally arrived yesterday afternoon! He actually flew me out to Albuquerque on Friday, so we could make the last half of his 29 hour drive together! About a 15 hour drive, but I loved spending that time with him! He is almost all settled into his new place, and started the job hunt today! It sounds like there are a few who will be closing the distance soon! So exciting and congratulations to you all! For those of you who have a bit longer to go, just remember that you are strong and you and your SO can survive this. It is hard, but so worth it! I truly believe that long distance only strengthens a relationship! Plan lots of Skype and phone dates, and visits with each other if possible, and the time will go faster! Good luck to you all and thank you for all your kind words!

Comment

Working...
                            X