Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing the distance.. is it possible?

Hi.

I am a military kid, so it seems likely that I can probably move right next to my girlfriend.. maybe the next state over?

I am here to ask for help.. My parents don't know that I am dating.. which yeah i get it.. that's a no no.. but I really love this girl, the last thing I wanted was to lose her. I don't know how to close the distance without revealing it to my parents, which if I do, they will most likely kill me.. So how do I close the distance?

Also, what do you do when you close the distance? Go up and hug her? I mean.. it'd probably be a little bit awkward..

Please help me with my closing the distance, thank you to all who took time to read this!

Wait, you're 13? And you're trying to close the distance without telling your parents you're dating this girl?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's no way you'll be able to close the distance without moving your entire family. Which, since you're 13 (which I'm only getting from your little side bar thing) will not happen. No 13 yr old has that much say in where their family lives.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I don't think you quite understand the typical meaning of "closing the distance". In the context of this website, it means moving to be together, I gather you mean visiting? At least I hope you do, because you've got no shot at actually closing the distance at the moment.

You've got to talk to your parents, at 13 you can't just go running to another state. There's really nothing else you can do, your over 2000 miles away from her, and your family will not just up and move so their 13 year old can be close to his girlfriend. It isn't going to happen, I'm sorry.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Of course you and your parents may move closer you her. But that is not your call. I suggest mentioning to your parents that you have met her. Maybe it would be possable to go on a little visit /holiday to see her, perhaps as part of a bigger trip in summer. In the meantime, you may intriduce her to your parents on Skype or similar. You are young and a minor, it is akward but unless you are lucky enough to move or to go visit the area she lives in another occation, you have to involve your parents.

As for the meeting in person ; you may take things gradual. If you are a touchy -feely person like me, you may ask for a hug. You can hold her hand, look her in the eyes live... Talk about the stuff you usually do online or over the phone. If you like to be around each other, everything will come naturally.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I thank you all for your help, it means a lot to me. Having a community that can help.

I meant a visit.. but it is possible that I can move to NV, because there is a air force base there, and by dad is a member of the Military.
          Being a Military kid has it's advantages that are evident..

Also, differentcountries, thank you. I will attempt these things when I do meet her. Thank you very much!

Again thank you all.
          Last edited by NjtoNv; January 18, 2014, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X