Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closing the distance but not where we are staying... HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing the distance but not where we are staying... HELP!!

Hi there,

Ok, I know its like in the long run but we are excited to do a bit of planning here and there. And we require some help from any LDR couples out there.

Info:

She is in Philippines and I'm in Singapore. I still have yet to finish my National Service and get my degree. She too have some things to settle.
    Around 6 years down the road, we are planning to close the distance but here is where the problem lies. I don't want to live in Singapore. And neither does she in Philippines.
    We are planning to move to either Australia, NZ or Canada or somewhere, still have to decide.

So, my question is this, how do we close the distance to a country that none of us ever live there before? Should one of us get a work permit visa there first. After sometime, get the PR and bring the other in or??
    I don't know. I really appreciate any help/advice given here. Thank you so very much in advance.

The safest thing is if you both apply for permanent work visas. Then you can possably move there at the same time. Especially if you are not married this is the best option.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Ah.. so, we go there on our own. Hopefully our jobs will be in the same area.. But, do you think its possible that we can get an apartment together but we are not married, yet.. do you think the erm.. landlord? houseowner? will allow that or it

Comment

I don't think the landlord would mind. There is a lot of people who rent places for themselves and a roommate.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

In the countries you plan to settle in, most landlords will not care (or even try to find out) if you are married or not, or even if you are friends or romantically involved. They care about you paying your rent and keeping the appartment clean, not much else.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
          X