Closing the distance. Complications.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing the distance. Complications.

My SO and I REALLY want to close the distance, but two very large obstacles stand in our way. Money, and where to stay?
    He lives with his parents and his army of siblings. 11 person household is just too crazy.

We could try saving up together. (considered this already) for me to stay for a week. I found that Bed and Breakfasts near him are around $40-$60 dollars a night. I decided if I were to go there I would take a grayhound pre-ordered the tickets are $60, and its approx 11 hour ride. yay for sight seeing!

- Food
    - Travel costs
    - clothes/ trinkets / random things
    - Hotel costs
    - cushion. in case something goes wrong (something gets stolen, lost or breaks)

Any advice?
    Anyone been in the same predicament?

You might want to move this to the main section of the forum, you'll get better responses. In LDR's, the term "Closing the distance" usually refers moving together, not a visit (which is just a visit), so many people will skip this section. Good luck.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabetta View Post
      My SO and I REALLY want to close the distance, but two very large obstacles stand in our way. Money, and where to stay?
      He lives with his parents and his army of siblings. 11 person household is just too crazy.

We could try saving up together. (considered this already) for me to stay for a week. I found that Bed and Breakfasts near him are around $40-$60 dollars a night. I decided if I were to go there I would take a grayhound pre-ordered the tickets are $60, and its approx 11 hour ride. yay for sight seeing!

- Food
      - Travel costs
      - clothes/ trinkets / random things
      - Hotel costs
      - cushion. in case something goes wrong (something gets stolen, lost or breaks)

Any advice?
      Anyone been in the same predicament?
      How did you know how much the bus tickets are? Is there a website?
      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Maybe get a summer job to get the extra money? That's why I decided to work summer school so I can have the money to see my SO.

@Unconditional - https://www.greyhound.com/

Met online: 04.19.14
        Became a couple: 04.23.14
        First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
        Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
        Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
        Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
        CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

@noodle: how did I not know that? XD thank
          @Original poster:
          You could always camp out in his backyard? Lol that's what I would've had to do if my SO didnt insist on him staying in a hotel for the future visit.
          So. I assume it's just a visit right? That you're not trying to close the distance forever?
          "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Yeah this isn't a "I could save up money for a trip" this is a "the only way you'll be able to visit is to save money". That's how EVERYONE in the world visits anyone ever. That's sort of how the world works. Save money, then do things with money.

Get a job, cut costs, save money for a trip. See if you can split costs with your SO. Best wishes.

Comment

Working...
            X