Last minute tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last minute tips?

I leave in exactly 4 days to travel overseas to meet my love, and now that the time is closing im getting more and more nervous anyone have an idea how to sooth away a bit of the anxiety? Im afraid of getting there and my nerves making me look like a complete fool. Ive done close to this before but i wasnt alone or traveling as far... the the "relationship" wasnt the same depth of serious this one is.

Just try to look at it as an adventure. The first time I went to NL alone, I was terrified. Make sure you have all your plans set in stone and confirm and double check to make yourself feel better if needed. The plane ride itself should be a breeze. Follow the signs at airport for immigration, make sure you are prepared and charge your phone or make sure you have a way of contacting him when you land.

It's best to keep your expectations realistic about meeting. Think of it as a first date that will last for longer than a night. This is the person you care about, you just have to jump a plane and deal with some extra travel to see him. The perk is you will get to travel to a new place, like frosting on the cake. Have fun!
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Sleep on the flight! You probably have a very long flight ahead of you and you want to make a good impression on your SO, so sleeping on the plane is going to give you some energy for the upcoming task of: being yourself
      I met my man, after talking to him for 10 months online, after my first over-sea flight alone. It was scary! Flying all the way to a country where they only speak English :P Of course I was nervous, but in the end, it was one of the best decisions I have ever made, so just try to relax on the flight and enjoy your time together

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Yes 23 hours total flight time and layovers, and I do have everything set i purchased my plane ticket back in May so this has been long waiting and I do appreciate all advice I have never been more scared in my life. We have already made the choice to be together he already proposed and we have no doubts that we are perfect together, yet still the thought of us not being apart is scary and exciting

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
          Sleep on the flight! You probably have a very long flight ahead of you and you want to make a good impression on your SO, so sleeping on the plane is going to give you some energy for the upcoming task of: being yourself
          I met my man, after talking to him for 10 months online, after my first over-sea flight alone. It was scary! Flying all the way to a country where they only speak English :P Of course I was nervous, but in the end, it was one of the best decisions I have ever made, so just try to relax on the flight and enjoy your time together
          Haha, you forget that quite a bit of the country speaks Spanish, too

OP, I know it's scary, but you only get a first meet once, enjoy the anticipation and excitement where you can, and don't worry so much about the flight, everything will be fine. When I first met my guy, I flew to Helsinki and told myself I wouldn't let myself stress or be too nervous until after my layover, on my second leg of my flight. By then, I had to put on my makeup and get changed, so the time I had left to worry was very little.

Travel is awesome regardless, so let yourself enjoy the entire experience, I can't imagine how totally different Wales will be from Texas, so take it all in and have a good time.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks ladies for the help,even just having someone to talk to is quite a comfort, family and friends not always the best options they dont understand it. My last stop before him is Ireland lol so thats where I get to change and pretty up^_^ if i have time after going thru customs

Comment

Working...
            X