This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to close the distance, need help with legal issues

Me and my girlfriend are in a long distance relationship, she's in Florida and I'm in Northern Ireland, we're a bit younger than most on here she's 14 going on 15 in April and I recently turned 16 now I'm not on here looking for relationship advice although any tips appreciated but I need some sort of way that she can stay in northern Ireland permanently and go to school here, we've worked out everything with our parents and everyone is all okay with the move (which is astonishing) but we can find no way around the legal end of things, we've talked about adoption but legally we can't be in a relationship because she would be my sister technically and this creates problems further down the line and she wouldn't be allowed to leave her country on her own until she's 17, the timing for her to move is perfect this summer and that's when we plan to do it I need some sort of other option or loophole to legally have her in my country and go to school here etc any help greatly appreciated
    N.B. I'm new to the community on here and I don't know what it's like but please don't try to talk me out of it, I'm just going to ignore you my mind has been made.

WHAT? How on earth are your parents on board with this?

Even if I had some brilliant ideas, I wouldn't type them out here. I just a.) can't believe this is real and b.) can't encourage it if it is. You're both under 16, you've known each other for 4 months, and you've never met in person. Nope!

Comment

Trust me if you knew the whole story you'd have a different opinion I was vague for a reason, I'm not here for people to tell me I shouldn't do this, if people are just going to pretend like they know the situation and judge me I'll just take down the post and delete my account, If you are going to help me please post below if you're going to tell me that this is a bad idea don't even bother posting you're wasting your own time

Comment

Unfortunately, based on the information you've given, the only thing we can do is to tell you that it's a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerblue67 View Post
          Trust me if you knew the whole story you'd have a different opinion I was vague for a reason, I'm not here for people to tell me I shouldn't do this, if people are just going to pretend like they know the situation and judge me I'll just take down the post and delete my account, If you are going to help me please post below if you're going to tell me that this is a bad idea don't even bother posting you're wasting your own time
          You're new to the internet, aren't you? You obviously don't know how forums work.

I have nothing else to say (since you don't want to hear any negative views) but I will say that I reported you because you lied about your age in your profile.
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Literally almost impossible. Unless her father or mother got a job there. She could get a student visa, but that's not permanent.

Comment

Okay I guess it was a bad idea posting here I'm just going to delete my account I don't need the hassle

Comment

Working...
              X