Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has closing been a dealbreaker for anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has closing been a dealbreaker for anyone?

I've seen so many posts about closing the distance and how wonderful it is, but is there anyone that simply couldn't and things ended there?

I suppose there is, but it seems to be equally about people 's patience. Some are in relationships for years without being able to close the distance, because of education, kids, lack of funding, visa laws etc. That doesn't neccesarily mean they will break up.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

It was part of the reason for a previous relationship of mine. We had tried to close the distance for over 6 years, with him even leaving the military since he knew I wouldn't be able to travel as at the time my children were young. He tried to find a job close to me - even staying with me for a month to do interviews, etc. None of them panned out. The closest he ended up to me was an 8 hour drive. After all of this, he cheated and got the girl pregnant..........and that was the end of that relationship.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I know people who have been long distance for more than six years and still ended up together (my husband's brother and my sister in law did university studies in different parts of the country. And some who didn't ever close the distance but continued to travel, even internationally. I know someone in long distance who broke up over the distance after a couple of years but I don't think one person tried to get jobs elsewhere and the other had kids with joint custody.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
        X