So Happy and wanted to share!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Happy and wanted to share!!

I thought I would share how happy and glad I am that my final paperwork I need for my K1 visa has been mailed to me today! As there was a massive delay, it's a long story really but basically at first it got lost in the mail, so I had to send my forms again, then I had to wait two weeks for it to be done and then a week to be mailed to me, then I saw it had spelling mistakes for my name (which I am sure is important for Visa stuff) so I asked for another copy, it was close to Christmas around that time So there was a big delay over the hoildays. I thought at least after New Years it would be ready to mail to me, but it wasn't until today. It was getting a police clearance for Greece as I lived and worked there in 2010 as a Nanny and I know I need to show police clearances for all places I lived since age 16, I got my UK one and Austria one months ago.

Anyway I am so relieved that the Greek one is finally on it's way, with the spelling corrections made. Then I can book my medical exam and tell the US Embassy I am ready for interview and then wait for it to be scheduled! I have been so stressed lately and tired of the waiting. I am happy though I have been able to spend more quality time with my family before I move to America, like Christmas, New Years and my Sister's birthday that was a couple of weeks ago and only just yesterday I went with my mum and nieces to eat at Pizza hut. At the same time I am so excited to close the distance and be with my soulmate again at last after so long being apart, get married and build our lives together in America and meet his family in person, I will miss my family in England so much, but I have already said to them my Fiance and I will come visit when possible and I would love to probably Spring/Summer of this year. I have three nieces and I know I will miss them, they got to meet my SO on skype just the other day and I loved how it all went, they had a great time talking to him. I can't wait to meet my SO baby nephew, not long now. It is all so exciting, I am not scared at all, besides meeting his parents in person for the first time. Also it may sound silly but his parents saved the Christmas presents they got for me and my SO, so we will open them when I get there, I got my SO gifts too.

The thing that is hitting me hard is the fact that soon I will really be there with my SO again, that feeling of "Wow this is amazing I will be with him again and everything we have talked about will start to begin" and it is such a wonderful feeling, I have those kind of nerves of butterflies and joy!!
    Then I think about will miss my sister, mum, dad and nieces alot, but it is also okay as I have lived in other countries before, this time is permanent but I can visit alot and they could come visit too! My Niece seems to think I will see her favourite pop star Justin Bieber if I went to L.A not likely lol, she is funny!!

What is your experiences of closing the distance? Visas and the stress of it all?
    Last edited by vicks5721; January 19, 2015, 09:07 PM.

Congratulations I hope you get everything done well.

We are not closing the distance now, but we went through some hassle to get his boyfriend visitor visa, and I had to prove that I can provide for him financially, know him, have met his family and so on.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Wow thats great! That last bit will go so fast, when i had FINALLY finished the paperwork for K1, I booked the medical exam for the day after, and then the interview was only 3 weeks after that, and i moved to the US one week after the interview haha! The paperwork was definitely the most stressful part though, I was the same, by the time i got to the medical i was just so excited that i just spent all my time talking about how exited I was to live with my husband, and the interview in london embassy was a breeze! I have been in Wisconsin for 3 months now (got married last week!) and it is difficult being apart from my family, my parents and brother came over for the wedding and now that they're gone its upsetting to know i wont be able to see them for a long time, but im sure your SO will be worth it like mine is. Congratulations and I hope the medical and interview go well and have an awesome time in MN, it is a very beautiful place and they are all very friendly people

Comment

Yey, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by colalala View Post
          Wow thats great! That last bit will go so fast, when i had FINALLY finished the paperwork for K1, I booked the medical exam for the day after, and then the interview was only 3 weeks after that, and i moved to the US one week after the interview haha! The paperwork was definitely the most stressful part though, I was the same, by the time i got to the medical i was just so excited that i just spent all my time talking about how exited I was to live with my husband, and the interview in london embassy was a breeze! I have been in Wisconsin for 3 months now (got married last week!) and it is difficult being apart from my family, my parents and brother came over for the wedding and now that they're gone its upsetting to know i wont be able to see them for a long time, but im sure your SO will be worth it like mine is. Congratulations and I hope the medical and interview go well and have an awesome time in MN, it is a very beautiful place and they are all very friendly people
          Aww thank you I have my medical exam now booked for 4th February and then I will wait for my interview at embassy to scheduled, I have been to the US embassy before in 2011 for Au Pair J1 visa so I have an idea what it is going to be sort of like, apart from this time more questions, about our relationship will be a breeze for sure and yep getting all the paperwork I need for my interview has been stressful I am so happy it finally done!!! I am abit nervous about the medical exam as I have never had one before, but it will be over before I know it. I am extremely excited to finally close the distance and be with my fiance!!! I will miss my family too, but it's easier for me to get used to as I have lived away from home other times in the past, so I am used to it. We have already talked about my SO and I will visit England as soon as we can. Hello Neighbour lol you are in wisconsin which is right next to Minnesota!! I know I am going to settle well into live in America I feel a million percent sure about everything and I only feel excitement and pure happiness!! the only thing I am nervous about is meeting his family in person for the first time, but I know that will go smoothly as they already see me as family.
          Last edited by vicks5721; January 26, 2015, 10:44 AM.

Comment

That is awsome!! Congratulations!! Keep us posted with how things are going. I'd love to hear your experiences
            "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Originally posted by merlinkitty View Post
              That is awsome!! Congratulations!! Keep us posted with how things are going. I'd love to hear your experiences
              well do!! Just have medical exam and interview now!! yay!!

Comment

That's awesome! We're currently getting all our evidence ready to put in the package for the i-129F. My fiancé is from VA and I'm so ready to move there and start our life together!
                I'm very very nervous about it (so is my SO) as we wanna get it right without having to send in anything else after that.
                Did you guys have any troubles other than those with your greek clearance?
                And have you already heard back by now for an interview?
                I'm so excited for you!!
                Met online: Somewhere before the summer of 2012.
                Mutual interest: june, july 2012.
                Official:August 2012.
                Current status: Engaged, plans for me to move to the USA, figuring out K-1 forms etc.

First met: I visited him in VA, USA. Jan 7th 2014.
                Second time:Kind of still first, he came back to Belgium with me, January 23rd 2014.
                Third time: He came back to Belgium on October 20th 2014.
                Plans: Moving to the USA and getting married end of 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimaca View Post
                  That's awesome! We're currently getting all our evidence ready to put in the package for the i-129F. My fiancé is from VA and I'm so ready to move there and start our life together!
                  I'm very very nervous about it (so is my SO) as we wanna get it right without having to send in anything else after that.
                  Did you guys have any troubles other than those with your greek clearance?
                  And have you already heard back by now for an interview?
                  I'm so excited for you!!
                  I am so happy for you!! Aww you shouldn't be nervous it is a smooth process when you have everything you need and just remember you will be approved as you have a genuine relationship.
                  Nope we had no other problems besides the greek clearance, for us we found it helpful that we used a visa company called RapidVisa as they helped us with what we needed to show for evidence and we were approved after just 3 months. There is people that go it alone and www.visajourney.com has been a very helpful support forum I have found from others who are going through the same thing. There are consulate reviews and advice about the whole process.

I had my interview on 3rd March, which was last week, now I am waiting to receive my visa and I am flying to America on 24th !! yay!!

Comment

aww thank you so much! It's good to hear it went smooth for you I just thought they make it hard for everyone to filter out who's actually in love and who isn't!
                    We'll definitely look into RapidVisa and visajourney,
                    Oh wow that's awesome! What kind of stuff do they ask on there? that's probably the thing I'm most nervous about because I'm pretty shy!
                    Are you moving your stuff with you? We're not sure how we'll move my stuff yet we're still trying to figure it all out! I'm also taking my cat so I'm looking into how I can bring that little man the best way possible so it doesn't stress him out too much!
                    I'm very happy for you that you'll get to go there so fast!!
                    Met online: Somewhere before the summer of 2012.
                    Mutual interest: june, july 2012.
                    Official:August 2012.
                    Current status: Engaged, plans for me to move to the USA, figuring out K-1 forms etc.

First met: I visited him in VA, USA. Jan 7th 2014.
                    Second time:Kind of still first, he came back to Belgium with me, January 23rd 2014.
                    Third time: He came back to Belgium on October 20th 2014.
                    Plans: Moving to the USA and getting married end of 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimaca View Post
                      aww thank you so much! It's good to hear it went smooth for you I just thought they make it hard for everyone to filter out who's actually in love and who isn't!
                      We'll definitely look into RapidVisa and visajourney,
                      Oh wow that's awesome! What kind of stuff do they ask on there? that's probably the thing I'm most nervous about because I'm pretty shy!
                      Are you moving your stuff with you? We're not sure how we'll move my stuff yet we're still trying to figure it all out! I'm also taking my cat so I'm looking into how I can bring that little man the best way possible so it doesn't stress him out too much!
                      I'm very happy for you that you'll get to go there so fast!!
                      Yeah I think the US government and Embassy do a good job filtering out who are genuine and who are not. It is different for every couple as to how long the visa process will take, on visa journey they just discuss everything about visas and give each other advice and discussion, similar to on here basically. I am taking as much as can fit in two suitcases, I gave a lot of stuff away and so I don't have many possessions anymore, which helps. Aww I hope you get it all figured out when you will bring your cat with you and I wish you all the best of luck with beginning the K1 visa process!! Aww thank you I am surprised how fast all the months went, now I will be leaving England in just two weeks!! I picked up my visa today!!

Comment

Working...
                      X