closing distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

closing distance

Does anyone else feel like the last weeks before closing the distance feels like it goes really slowly? My story is that we had a delay at first because of waiting for a final police clearance from Greece and now I just have my medical exam next week on wednesday and then I wait for my US embassy interview to be scheduled. At this point I wish the final weeks will fly by so at last we can close the distance when I move to america with the K1 visa to be with my fiance and we get married. I am extremely excited everyday we get closer to be together at last.. But also I have times I feel sad missing him and wishing I can be there tomorrow. I stay positive knowing there isn't long left to wait and soon we will never be apart again. Luckily I have my family around my sister and mum and my nieces to keep me company these final weeks and to keep myself busy. I am excited to get the medical done so that I know the US embassy will begin scheduling my interview. I can't wait until wednesday!

Why did you need clearance from Greece? I must have missed something. I have 11 months to go.....so I know what you mean about going slow. It'll go before you know it. Hope all goes well.

Comment

I lived in Greece in 2010 as an au pair looking after children so that's why I needed one from there.

Comment

Oof, tell me about it. On one hand, I'm ecstatic for him moving here in late April, on the other, everything feels like a slog. Gotta power through it and stick with things, even if it's tough, that's all you can really do. Best of luck!

~
        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
        The hands of the many must join as one
        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Yea, the last couple of weeks move on a snail's pace. I have had a LDR before the current one and we were dating for a year and still hadn't met. When I bought the plane tickets to see her (in a month) then every day felt like an eternity Just keep talking to him/her as you are and occupy your thought by doing other stuff.. there really isn't much more to it

Comment

The last days prior to my interview were the worst. They felt like weeks. I remember thinking that the 10 months we've been apart felt much shorter than the last week. Savor it though. Once you leave your family, there is going to be days you are going to miss them just as much as you missed your SO.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
              The last days prior to my interview were the worst. They felt like weeks. I remember thinking that the 10 months we've been apart felt much shorter than the last week. Savor it though. Once you leave your family, there is going to be days you are going to miss them just as much as you missed your SO.
              I thought I would update on this thread, I had my visa interview today and it got approved!! I am moving to America at the end of this month!! I am so excited! Yeah it is understandable there will be days I will miss my family and I have made the most of every moment I have had with them before I leave.

Comment

Originally posted by vicks5721 View Post
                I thought I would update on this thread, I had my visa interview today and it got approved!! I am moving to America at the end of this month!! I am so excited! Yeah it is understandable there will be days I will miss my family and I have made the most of every moment I have had with them before I leave.
                That is wonderful, congratulations!! Good luck on the move :3

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                Married: 1/24/2015
                Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Awesome news!!!!!! Congratulations!
                  Met Online : July 2013
                  Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                  2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                  3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                  Proposal : December 2014
                  Closed distance : February 2015
                  Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

I will be moving to America on 24th March!! I am so excited!!

Comment

That's great news, I am closing the distance on 21st so I'm kinda joining you on feeling like every day drags so slooowy.
                      But I figured out why... It's because most things we do in those days before move is connected to the move itself so we can't stop thinking about it. I try to keep myself occupied any way I can. Going for walks, spending time with kido, visting friends anything to stop thinking about move. It helped me to speed up a time a bit
                      “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
                      ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
                      Closed the distance >21.03.2015
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aniay View Post
                        That's great news, I am closing the distance on 21st so I'm kinda joining you on feeling like every day drags so slooowy.
                        But I figured out why... It's because most things we do in those days before move is connected to the move itself so we can't stop thinking about it. I try to keep myself occupied any way I can. Going for walks, spending time with kido, visting friends anything to stop thinking about move. It helped me to speed up a time a bit
                        Yeah I try to keep busy, like I am organising all my last things to keep, throw away or give away, and what has been difficult I have found is deciding what to pack and leave in England to collect later and what to bring with me now. I worry so much about luggage weight and if I can bring heavier things, then my other dilemma often is do I really need somethings. I have been great getting rid of unnecessary items though. I don't get attached to stuff much anymore like I had loads of books and craft supplies, but now I don't anymore, it helped that I knew giving it away to charity shops you know them selling the items they will get money for a good cause.

I have learnt about myself that I actually feel better having less items, it feels like a clearer mind.

Good luck on your move on 21st March!!
                        Last edited by vicks5721; March 9, 2015, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X