Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visa in hand!

Hey everyone!

I've been on this website for a long long time and the wait for my visa has finally finished. I just received my immigrant visa to the US today! Perfect Valentines day gift : ))

As I have a fair few things to sort out prior to leaving (mainly work commitments) we won't be closing the distance till end of April/early May. Im super excited!, nervous and omg...I have never lived or worked in another country so this is actually a little scary. My husband is naturally not worrying.

Main things im worried about:

1. Work! Im an RN and it doesn't transfer to the united states. Going to see if i can work as an LPN (or is it LVN, i get those totally mixed up) failing that i'll try get a job as a carer, until i can pass my NCLEX
    2. The longest Jeff and I have lived together is 5 months. Its not the same though. I wasn't working. I was on vacation.
    3. Driving! I've driven for over 13 years on the left hand side! Scary thinking i've gotta drive on the other side.

POE will be LAX, oh i can't wait! Haven't seen him since November now.

Omg! Congratulations!!!! That is awesome news!

I had to adjust to driving on the right too. It does take some getting used to but you'll be ok in a matter of weeks.

Now I'm moving to Australia where I will go back to driving on the left (the right way!)haha

All the best with the move!
    Met Online : July 2013
    Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
    2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
    3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
    Proposal : December 2014
    Closed distance : February 2015
    Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Fantastic news!! Good luck, I'm very happy for you!
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Congratulations
        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Such great news! Congratulations

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Omg that's awesome to hear!! Driving on the opposite side scares me! Lucky most of the cars here are automatic so you won't have to deal with shifting with the wrong hand
            "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

That's fantastic! I sincerely wish you the best for the your future together! The adjustment period will be a bit tough but you can do it!

~
              It'll take a lot more than words and guns
              A whole lot more than riches and muscle
              The hands of the many must join as one
              And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Congratulations
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

So exciting, congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                    X