2 yrs of waiting! and still counting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 yrs of waiting! and still counting

It's been almost 2 yrs since I haven't checked here. And now I have nowhere to go but to talk to someone who can relate to my situation.
    My SO and I have been in LDR for more than 2 yrs and still haven't seen each other in person.

There were already 2 failed plans of him visiting me here. Since he's in UK and I'm in the Philippines.
    It took him more than a year for him to finally join the Navy(so he could earn more money) and he is currently in training for 10 weeks. Although what we are looking forward is his vacation/holiday on April for only 2 weeks. I thought it would finally be it. But since he's going to work for the military he has to abide by their strict rules especially the day they continue the training after holiday. His dad highly doubt he would make it back if he does come and visit me here. Considering their experiences of traveling from UK to PH back in forth. Travel from UK to PH will take more than a day(24hrs) btw. They know there might be delay and they can't risk that for his job.

So today I was totally surprised his Mom messaged and called me through Facebook then Skype. She only talked to me just once and this was the 2nd time. She explained everything to me and his son(my SO) wanted me to go there in UK with him. In just 1 MONTH notice! That will be on April! And I don't even have any passport or Visa yet. They said they will support everything until I arrive there and stay there. But 1 fcking month ain't enough for my papers to be ready.

I don't know if there is a bright side to this but his training will end on May anyway. And there we don't know if he's gonna have a vacation or immediately be starting his job. It's really disappointing right and I feel so down. If I could hold time I'll have everything over and done with just to see him. I did kinda expected he would come sooner. But it's just too many disappointments and it's really heartbreaking. I don't know if I could even see him anymore. :'(
    Last edited by Fudgee; February 26, 2015, 07:58 AM.

since his job makes it hard for him to travel, you coming to him sounds like a better idea. You may start by applying for your passport. It will come in handy anyway. If SO/his mum wants you to come to him, it might be helpful if they studied the visa rules and helped you to apply.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Start ASAP with the visa process and you should be able to get there by the time you want to:
      https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa <~ it says it takes 3 weeks to get the visa so you might be JUST in time.
      I don't know how long it takes to get a passport (for me it was literally walking into the office, fill out papers and get it by mail in a week), but if you start now, you might be able to get everything done!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
      X