to much to do, not enough time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to much to do, not enough time

I can't get myself into preparing to the move. I feel so lost because I have to live while I,m packing up. And I have Olivia to take care of.
    I feel so lost what to do. It's too much stuff not enough time.
    “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
    ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
    Closed the distance >21.03.2015
    sigpic

There is more than enough time, its how you use your time. Pack the stuff that you don't need to use in the next x amount of week. Stick the tv on for half an hour for the kid to be distracted and do some packing. log off of the internet and do some packing etc. It isn't impossible to get done.

Comment

I agree with snow_girl. We're getting ready for a move at the end of March - including finding a new place to live and SO has to transfer his job or find a new one. It's hard - but pick a spot in your house/apartment and designate that the "staging area" for all of the stuff you probably won't need before you move. Get disposable forks/spoons/cups/plates/bowls for the last 7-10 days before the move so you can pack up all of your clean dishes. Pack all but one or two pans. Surely there are clothes that you and Olivia don't need to wear in the next few weeks, pack those up first.

Don't worry, you'll be able to get it all done. It takes organizing and managing your time well, but it will get done. Good luck!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I am super bad at packing as well. I'm glad my SO was with me the last times I had to move, so he could help me pack.

Anyway: So it's not 20°C degrees right now nor anywhere near it. So start packing your summer clothes. Go through your stuff: What do you absolutely need to take? What can you throw out or give away? Do you have the option to store some stuff at your parents' or a friend's? Pack that stuff as well.
        It's not exactly comfortable, but really, you don't need that much stuff really. So what if you only have one pot and two plates for a week?

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by aniay View Post
          I can't get myself into preparing to the move. I feel so lost because I have to live while I,m packing up. And I have Olivia to take care of.
          I feel so lost what to do. It's too much stuff not enough time.
          I can relate to the feeling. Right now I am working, taking care of SO and my sick husband all the while arranging to fix the new flat, move and fix the old one. And then I have even prepared the move since November, still so much left to do... Do something and then some more, then it will all be done.

Make a moving plan. And also a plan for when to have a little fun! Because you need that, too, but not too much because packing is just very boring. Decide what you want to pack first, like books, season clothes and specialty kitchen stuff. Get boxes, tape, felt pens to mark the boxes, put on some music and start. Your daughter can entertain herself. Food will have to be easy but a hot meal will give you energy. Remind yourself that it is only for a while... It will be so nice once it is done. Give yourself a cheer along the way
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Thanks for the ecouragement. I have all summer clothes already in UK, two packages packed and ready to be sent.
            I already gave away or thrown away most of the things that i don't need.
            I am in a point where I only have to leave stuff I will need for the next two weeks (and that will fit into small suitcase)
            I am also feeling like such a bad mother for leaving my daughter her for the next few months, but whenever I try to talk with my kiedo about it she gets so sad.
            I just hate some choices I need to make and it makes the whole move a bit sour.
            I am not taking with me kitchen utensils, they are mostly my parents' so i don't have this problem.
            “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
            ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
            Closed the distance >21.03.2015
            sigpic

Comment

I feel for you, I have two daughters and trying to get anything done when they're around is tough.

It must be heartbreaking leaving her behind, you're a stronger woman than me. I'm a mess when they're with their dad for the weekend...

Always here if you need to vent. Stay strong.

Comment

Originally posted by aniay View Post
                Thanks for the ecouragement. I have all summer clothes already in UK, two packages packed and ready to be sent.
                I already gave away or thrown away most of the things that i don't need.
                I am in a point where I only have to leave stuff I will need for the next two weeks (and that will fit into small suitcase)
                I am also feeling like such a bad mother for leaving my daughter her for the next few months, but whenever I try to talk with my kiedo about it she gets so sad.
                I just hate some choices I need to make and it makes the whole move a bit sour.
                I am not taking with me kitchen utensils, they are mostly my parents' so i don't have this problem.
                Of course she is sad, she's only eight and her mum who has always been around is going to live in another country. This will be incredibly difficult for her to deal with, I really think that you need to find a way to talk to her about it. Children have very little concept of time so it maybe only a few months but to her that seems like a lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                X