We've made it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've made it!

After nearly three years, he is moved into my house! Finally! There were so many times I really thought this wasn't going to happen. It was a very long drive from NY to GA, but we got here with a 26 foot truck and two dogs without killing each other after 19 hours!

Many of you may remember last year when he was offered his dream job in NY and I thought for sure that was the end for us. He is still working in NY for the time being, but will be here every weekend fri-mon until he gets a transfer. Hopefully that won't take too long. But we can do this. Now that I know he's mine forever, I am good to go!

He's here for the week, unpacking while I am at work, and I am so happy to sleep with him every night. Even though my house is a mess right now, there are five dogs that have to be socialized, and I got peed on, I can honestly say I have never been happier!

Hang in there, long distance friends.....dreams DO come true!
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Congratulations!
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

How wonderful! All the best for your future together!

~
      It'll take a lot more than words and guns
      A whole lot more than riches and muscle
      The hands of the many must join as one
      And together we'll cross the river

Comment

This makes me so happy! Congratulations!!

Comment

Oh congratulations! That's amazing, and I'm soooooo happy for you

Comment

Congrats. Good things come to those to wait and you are truly deserving.

Comment

Congrats Guys

Comment

Congratulations!!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                Married: 1/24/2015
                Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Congrats! That is so wonderful.

Comment

Awww, congrats!! I'm so excited for you

Comment

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you

Comment

Bad news.....his dog Chloe has nasal cancer. It's really bad, and I finally had him convinced he needs to put her down before he leaves. She is so horribly deformed and the tumor has actually grown out of her snout....it's awful and she bleeds and oozes mucus constantly. He was getting ready to call the vet when his boxer, Clyde, got sick yesterday. We rushed him to the vet and had to put him down. He had bloat. My SO lost his third dog a few months ago. He is absolutely devastated right now, and I don't think he is going to put Chloe down now. I can not handle her. I have three other dogs and she has to stay crated for at least ten hours during the day when I am at work, plus all night. Otherwise she will bleed all over my carpets, and she vomits constantly, I know....gross. How do I convince him this dog is suffering and he is keeping her alive so he doesn't have to hurt. She acts completely normal, runs and plays....and that is why he won't do it...especially since he lost Clyde yesterday. Ugh!
                        sigpic

Comment

That's heartbreaking I think he'll need some time to realize that he's prolonging her suffering. Don't pester him about it, I can imagine he knows he has to do it, but gently bring it up in a few days. He's grieving for two of his beloved pets already, making this decision is not going to be easy for him.

~
                          It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                          A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                          The hands of the many must join as one
                          And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Originally posted by Miasmata View Post
                            That's heartbreaking I think he'll need some time to realize that he's prolonging her suffering. Don't pester him about it, I can imagine he knows he has to do it, but gently bring it up in a few days. He's grieving for two of his beloved pets already, making this decision is not going to be easy for him.
                            I know. I am dreading Sunday when he leaves if she's still here. I hadn't seen Chloe in over a month. She is so much worse than she was when I saw her last. I had no idea how hard she would be to take care of now.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, first off, congratulations on closing the distance!

Now to the sad parts, . He needs to understand and realize that no matter how much it hurts him to lose Chloe, after losing his other puppies, that it hurts her even more to be so sick and in so much pain. He needs to realize that he can't be that selfish and keep her alive just to fulfill his own needs. She's suffering. She's in pain. No one, animal or human, should live like that. She's just going to get worse and worse, and deteriorate rapidly. We put my Nemo down last June. He was diagnosed with a really aggressive cancer and we had only found out about it a month or two prior. He went downhill really fast. He only had 1 chemo treatment 2 weeks before the tumors came back in his lungs this time, after we had already had his spleen with the other tumors taken out. We made the heartwrenching decision to put him down before he got any worse. We didn't want to see him suffer and we didn't want to see him when he couldn't pick his head up anymore. We wanted to be able to remember him as the doofus that he was.

Comment

Working...
                              X