Wanting to close our distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting to close our distance

We have been in a long distance relationship for 2 years now, I am in the UK and he is in the U.S , I have no idea where to start, we want to get things moving , so he can be here with me, and have no idea which visa would be best to apply for , can he come here on a visitor visa and we get married or does it need to be fiancé visa , will he have to go home again? So confused I have been looking at all the websites , just want to find the best way forward so we can actually start our life together
    Any advice would be so great right now

If you get married in England you have to apply for a visa for him to do that. If you get married in the US you can fly on a visitor visa and get married but you will have to come back and then apply for whatever visa. You can apply for a fiance visa for both countries I think. But I'm not sure on specifics or guidelines other than you have to prove you can support your spouse/spouse to be.
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration

You will have to read through all these things and figure out the best way for you. I can only help with Fiancé Visas for the US. Good luck!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I don't have time for a hugely detailed post right now but we're in the process of doing this too. Look at the site snow posted as there's quite strict criteria particularly regarding money and salaries you have to meet to get in the UK.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies, we are looking at all the things that have been posted, it's nice to know others are going through it too
          Salary wise we can meet the criteria needed.

Comment

Working...
          X