Just submitted Partner VISA!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just submitted Partner VISA!!!

Last night my SO and I submitted his 801/820 partner VISA application for him to live in Australia

He's in country, he arrived to visit me in June and part way through we realised we were tired of visiting and didn't want to go through another separation while waiting for a fiance VISA to process, so we got married in the first week of August and now here we are. He got an e-mail straight away telling him his bridging VISA is approved and that he is able to work on it, which is wonderful news. Otherwise, if we'd had any issues he would have had to get on his flight next week to return home.

I'm very excited that we're finally in the last stages of such a long journey. We could've done without the exorbitant application fee (roughly $6900), but we figured it out.

We still have a bit of work to do, uploading some more documents and attaching evidence, waiting on police checks etc, but it's well on its way.
    Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
    First met: June 13th 2006

Congratulations!
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Aaah that's amazing! Congratulations guys That's a lot of money for sure, but it'll be worth it in the end

Comment

I think any amount of money will be worth it if you are able to finally close the distance after such a long time... You guys deserve it! Congrats!!

Comment

Congratulations on both accounts! Such happy news!!
          Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
          And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
          ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Congratulations on getting married and I hope the visa gets through soon!!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Congratulations! Here's to the rest working out too!

~
              It'll take a lot more than words and guns
              A whole lot more than riches and muscle
              The hands of the many must join as one
              And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Oh wow! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys, what a long wait you've had! You give us all hope!

Comment

Congrats! It's very exciting

Comment

Thank you so much everyone. My apologies for the long radio silence, usually means things are going well :P

A couple of weeks ago now we got an e-mail from Immigration saying that my SO's application had progressed in the queue and would be processed shortly. So whatever "shortly" is in government time, we're almost there I'm quite nervous about it actually, not that he has any reason to be denied.
                    Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                    First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Congrats

Comment

That's great to hear!! All the best!!

Comment

Working...
                        X