Home sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home sick

So, me and my SO closed the distance five months ago.
    It's all going great and we have our own house and I've found a great job.
    The problem is that I miss home so much. I go there once a month but can only go at the weekends and it's not long enough. Sometimes I just think about going back but I know that my SO is the one and I never want to be with anyone else or leave him. It's not an option for him to move down to where I'm from because of his job and the house. I don't know what to do.
    For he is mine and I am his.
    Nothing beautiful is ever perfect.

What makes you home sick? What do you miss?

Comment

Family and friends.
      The people there are more friendly.
      For he is mine and I am his.
      Nothing beautiful is ever perfect.

Comment

So spend time skyping friends and family and take a look at www.meetup.com or the local equivalent for others looking to meet new people

Comment

In time you will get vacation time so you can use it to see your folks more. Also, five months is a short time to create a new social life. What are your interests and hobbies? Can you get to know people through your SO?
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

In my experience, it takes a while to make a new home truly feel like home. Give it some more time and try what the others have suggested in ways to make your home home. After a while, you may realize that you miss the people but that you love _____. Give yourself a chance to fall in love with it!

Comment

Working...
            X