Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closed distance but things are kinda weird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closed distance but things are kinda weird?

a little background..

So my bf of a year and a half just got back from europe after 8 months. We were crazy in love with each other and everything always kind of fit. He got back Oct 15 a little over a week ago and we went straight to the beach and spent 7 days straight together. It was a little weird the on the 3rd day after calming down from the initial excitement of him being back so i talked to him and was like "babe i feel kind of weird, i dont know how to be like how we were before" then he was just like we just need a little time to get used to each other again. and after that everything was sort of back to normal. we were having fun at the beach and all

and now my main problem now...
    since we got back from the beach its been 3 days since we saw each other. i know space is still important but im wondering why he doesnt seem interested at all to see me? 1st day back we stayed home and rested 2nd day back i asked if he wanted to hang out he said maybe after he does some errands so i was like okay then at 9pm he messaged me asking if i was there but i didnt see it till 40 minutes after so i was like hi just saw this whats up? he was reading it but he didnt reply so i got kind of pissed because he knows i hate when he doesnt reply so anyway i was just like okay, im just gonna sleep night. then he replied an hour later saying he passed out also. i read it this morning on the 3rd day that we got back... then anyway he messaged again saying he was sorry that he fell asleep so i was like okay its fine i let it go then we told each other what we're doing for the day but he still doesnt seem interested at all to see me.. :/ is that normal? i dont really know how to act because i dont want to smother him and all... im just confused and frustrated because ive been waiting for so long only to get this when he got back... someone please help me. how was your transitioning experience? does it get easier?

(btw just to make things clear we're back in the same city but do not live in the same house its like dating all over again)
    Last edited by KYV; October 24, 2015, 09:59 PM.

He just got back from a longer trip. It's absolutely natural that he needs to organize his life for new, get in contact with his old friends and make new ones... Give him a few days.

Comment

I have to agree with Chillosaurs. He spent his initial time back with you and taking a trip to the beach, but he does have other things in his life that require his attention as well. Let him get caught up on things and reacclimated to being home.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I also agree with the others. I have to say though: it is EXTREMELY hard being away from someone for 8 months and then being with them 24-7 for a week. Some people handle it better than others. I did not. You have to learn to readjust to being CD again. It is not easy for many people. You get into a LD routine and then all of a sudden things have changed and you look for "how it was before" and, frankly, it never can be again. You have both grown and changed over the past 8 months. That's a fact of life. Try to not look for "how you were" but "how you can be or what to be" going forward. You need to relearn what it's like to be around each other and that's okay. Give your SO a little bit a of break here. I felt extremely overwhelmed being with my SO for two weeks straight during a visit. We didn't have anything else going on and I pretty much went crazy feeling like I was being smothered after being alone for so long. Sometimes after being together for a week, you need a little break and that's okay. It's all about adjusting and not feeling overwhelmed. That, along with other things in his life or people he may want to see, may influence how often you two see each other.

Comment

Working...
        X