Norway from outside EU - visas without marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norway from outside EU - visas without marriage

I have had several visits to SO. SO has only visited me once, on a tourist visa/visitor visa vith financial guarantee, for one month. We plan to do the same this year around March/April. I think he needs to learn more about my country and culture and that a gradual expose will work best in our case. We both agree that him coming here permanently would be the best option, if possible - worklife is better here. He has friend who has moved here to their girlfriends or wives, so he would actually have a network too.

After the visit this year, we are thinking about getting him a visa to come to Norway. We plan to get him here on a seasonal working visa next year, then if things work out a temporary work visa (which can become permanent after 3 years). We have a workplace that would be interested, the manager is a friend of mine and I promised her I would help her with the neccesary paperwork if they think about hiring him.

Another option could be applying for family reuinon visa. The same friend did that, her and the SO were not married but had a kid and they got a visa super fast (a few years ago. I know process time is much slower now). I think it workd out because they both had nice jobs. I also know people in similar situations that applied and got rejected, I think she made to little money and they also wanted more "proof" of the relationship (like pictures on dates).

I wonder if anyone here has experience closing the distance from outside the EU to Norway/Scandinavia, apart from the marriage route?
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

I don't know how the rules are in Norway. But in Holland you can't even get someone a seasonal/temporary working visa if you know someone who is willing to employ them.
    Before you get a visa, the company will have to provide proof that there is no one in Europe that can do this particular job and that they have done everything to look for employees within Europe for at least a month.
    Again, I don't know if the rules are the same in Norway.
    I would make a call to immigration to ask what is needed and what are the criteria for different kinds of visa.

It would be amazing if any of these visa work for you!!
    I would prepare for a looong process though
    Wouldn't it be an option for you to sponsor him over? Or do you not meet the minimum income criteria? (Sorry, kind of a personal question)

Comment

My bf will try to look for job in Norway, and I'll join him as soon as I'm done with my studies. I looked over UDI and it looks like the only thing we can get is him coming over on worker visa. Couldn't find any specific rules for any other requirements- like employer has to prove something or pay for having him. He just has to get job within his field on the same rules as other norwegians.

And it looks like pretty straight forward process- get a job(most difficult), and then apply for visa in embassy or in Norway...
      I think non- EU citizens can also stay for up to some months (3 maybe?) as tourists and then look for job and apply from within Norway- that's legal as far as I checked on UDI.

Comment

I would assume you will only get a work visa when they can proof that there's no one else in EU that is suitable for the job.
        That should be a european rule... But I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaac View Post
          I would assume you will only get a work visa when they can proof that there's no one else in EU that is suitable for the job.
          That's the thing- there is no info about that rule, and since Norway is not EU, it doesn't have to be the same.... I hope at least but really couldn't find any elaborate rules for the employer when they want outside EU worker

Comment

We have that rule here, yes. Which is why I offered to help the managers write that his language skills and knowledge of Turkish food is needed in the restaurant. I just need to convince SO to start working on his Norwegian language skills as well.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Wouldn't it be an option for you to sponsor him over? Or do you not meet the minimum income criteria? (Sorry, kind of a personal question)
              Well, right now I don't work full time, but my plan is to do that very soon. I assume that with a full time job I will meet income criterias, whatever they are. I am not on minimum wage.

The issue is that since I am already married, we cant make use of fiance visa or family reunion visa to have him here on account of marriage. There's a possability I could still get him here on a family reunion visa, especially if we had a child, I am not sure on the criterias but there's a small chance.

Comment

Originally posted by aleksaaw View Post
                My bf will try to look for job in Norway, and I'll join him as soon as I'm done with my studies. I looked over UDI and it looks like the only thing we can get is him coming over on worker visa. Couldn't find any specific rules for any other requirements- like employer has to prove something or pay for having him. He just has to get job within his field on the same rules as other norwegians.

And it looks like pretty straight forward process- get a job(most difficult), and then apply for visa in embassy or in Norway...
                I think non- EU citizens can also stay for up to some months (3 maybe?) as tourists and then look for job and apply from within Norway- that's legal as far as I checked on UDI.
                Unless he is in the EU, the job (that offers him a specific, full time job) has to write a letter as to why they need him, like why they could not use someone from Norway or the EU. The work visas are called work permit There's regular work permit (up to a year), or seasonal (up to six months, which is what we want to try for the first season). Sadly it is not straightforward. You apply for a visa through the UDI web page, then make an appointment to talk to the embassy (they will make an interview).

Tourist visa for everyone is maximum 3 months. You can not use a tourist visit to apply for jobs, that's illelegal. If you do it, please do it very discreetly and verbally only. My advice would be to send the actual application after the visit.

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                  Unless he is in the EU, the job (that offers him a specific, full time job) has to write a letter as to why they need him, like why they could not use someone from Norway or the EU.

Sadly it is not straightforward. You apply for a visa through the UDI web page, then make an appointment to talk to the embassy (they will make an interview).
                  Applying through website and having interview is a straightforward and such thing can be Do you have link to the info that employer has to write that they couldn't find qualified worker within country? I honestly only found that employer has to fill out the form...

Comment

Sorry to butt in, but if I understand part 2, botton of section A of this, it states Norway has a fixed quota of permits avalable, and after that, it has to be proven that no other Norweigen or EU national can do the job the foreigner can. Hope this helps.

I didn't read the rest of the page, so it could be full of exceptions.
                    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by aleksaaw View Post
                      Applying through website and having interview is a straightforward and such thing can be Do you have link to the info that employer has to write that they couldn't find qualified worker within country? I honestly only found that employer has to fill out the form...
                      I know that with university jobs, if they want foreginers, they usually write the job description in such a way that it would be near impossible for a Norwegian to qualify. "Must have extensive work experience from countries in x region" and so on.

Comment

Here are some other websites as well:

https://www.workinnorway.no/en

https://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/work-immigration/

https://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/fees/#link-3592

https://www.udi.no/en/word-definitio...eea-national-/
                        Last edited by differentcountries; January 30, 2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X