Hoping to close the distance by end of 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping to close the distance by end of 2016

My boyfriend really wants me to move in, especially as it's been difficult with my family. They don't know about him but they're suspicious about me. He said he's got a job to get me started when I first go over, but I don't want to do it too quickly. Been together 2 months known each other about 5 months. I know I will probably end up moving out this year, but hopefully if I can hold it off as long as possible. It will be a big thing for me and I won't be welcome back home if I have to leave.

Originally posted by honeybunny View Post
    My boyfriend really wants me to move in, especially as it's been difficult with my family. They don't know about him but they're suspicious about me. He said he's got a job to get me started when I first go over, but I don't want to do it too quickly. Been together 2 months known each other about 5 months. I know I will probably end up moving out this year, but hopefully if I can hold it off as long as possible. It will be a big thing for me and I won't be welcome back home if I have to leave.
    If you've only been together 2 months... I don't know. I mean my SO and I started talking about closing the distance after our first visit which was 4 months after we got together. We are in an international LDR so I know that visas have stopped me from moving there and I stayed over the summer. Honestly If I could have stayed permanently at Christmas I would have. In the summer we were making sure our kids got along but at Christmas it was just so hard to say good bye. Originally we'd hoped to close the distance at Christmas but our plan didn't work and we had to apply for a different visa. I can't help but feel that 2 months is too soon to think about closing the distance. But thats with me. I think after 6 months I would be ok with it depending how your relationship progresses. Wait until it feels right to you.
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

It sounds like you two have met/visited semi-frequently? That does change things and many people go fast, but moving in together is a HUGE step. I personally would wait at least a year before moving in. Two months is not a lot of time at all.

Comment

I want to wait at least 6 months. I don't want to leave suddenly either but it's hard doing visits when your parents always want to know where you are, and call you up asking what you're doing. I feel like a kid.

Comment

Working...
        X