Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closing the Gap from USA to UK. Any information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing the Gap from USA to UK. Any information?

My fiancé and I will be looking to close the gap sometime this year but we are confused about the whole process.
    Though we are engaged to marry, we do not want to take marriage route as we want to save it as our special moment. Not only that, but some family members do not know as they will not approve of the long distance relationship.

Has anyone moved from the USA to the UK before? How long did it take you and what did you have to do to get permanent residence?

As far as I know, there are only few options to obtain legal residency in EU countries: 1. get married 2. find a job 3. become a student.

Comment

I'll post the same thing here as I did on your girlfriend's thread. visajourney.com
      No one here can provide you with nearly enough of what you'll need. That site can.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa

You can apply online for a:

UK visa - to visit, work, study or join a family member or partner in the UK
        certificate of entitlement to prove your right of abode in the UK

You must be outside the the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man.

Looks like the only way to be together without marriage is for your fiancee to find a job or go to college. Getting married to be together is sometimes the only way - I did it.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Even if you marry there are no guarantees you'll get a UK visa. There are strict regulations on income in particular. You need to look at all the info. Like Moon says, visa journey is far more informative.

Comment

I very much dobut that you can close the distance this year. The time is already running out to apply for schools (I am applying for university myself these days), she is 18 so I doubt she will get a job visa to come to the UK and...those are your options besides marriage, really.

The question is rather; are you able to support her after you get married? Both in the practical sense, in that you need money, and in the vica process sense, because you will have to prove that you can support her to get her a residence.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
            X