Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the ones who had a bummer closing the distance ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the ones who had a bummer closing the distance ?

Hello everybody!

Sometimes relationship "in real life" are different that what we expect. I can imagine that sometimes closing the distance does not work for some people because of the new life who follows, other habits to get, getting the see the other person everyday.

So, I am quite curious and I wanted to know if for some person it just didn't work, and why?

Thank you for your answers!

(And really sorry for my english, I am a french who try to do her best! )

I closed the distance in 2008 with my now ex-husband. I moved 3,000 miles from NH to CA. The really big thing was my kids. They were 12 & 13 at the time and gave me their blessing to move. They spent the school year with their dad and vactions & summer with me. It ended up being too much being away from them. I ended up moving back home after 18 months.

The culture shock was a lot for me but I think I would have been fine if I didn't have kids. I had a good job and had made friends. I'll be closing the distance with my SO holpefully within the next 12 months and we will be moving to Texas. My oldest plans on moving with me and my youngest will be staying here. They are 20 & 21 now. Its' going to be culture shock all over again, finding a job and moving someplace where I only know my SO and daughter. I'm sure this time it will work out much better.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

If it didn't work with your last love, it's because you had to meet your actual partner, I think!

I didn't know it would be such "cultural shock" even in the same country!

Comment

Originally posted by Framboise View Post
        I didn't know it would be such "cultural shock" even in the same country!
        Oh it's not just another country, it's USA From what I have heard from American people I know online, many states are completely different in various ways.

Comment

That's sounds weird for me, as my country is only as big as Texas!

Comment

Working...
          X