X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

closing the distance advice

hey there guys!
    i am a new member and this is my first post, I'm in desperate need of some advice/help. My boyfriend and I are finally closing the distance! Today is July 9th and I plan on moving to be with him August 25th, shortly after my birthday. I'm going to post a little bit about me to explain why I need help. My mother is a single mother, she's raised me by herself my whole life, it hasn't been easy. We lived off welfare and borrowing money from other family members. When I turned 16 I applied for my first job, we found out that because I was still a full time student, they wouldn't take the money I make at work out of what we get from welfare. That honestly helped us so much. Because I was a minor my mother had to have a card linked to my bank account, I didn't think anything of it, until I finally got a job. I pay for everything, water, gas and electric, cable, and other things we need around the house. she knows when payday is and she will take my money, use it wherever she wants, without even asking me. She is very controlling and it takes a really big toll on me because I work hard for that money and she will blow one of my almost $300 paycheck off stupid things she wants. Meeting my boyfriend was the best thing that's ever happened to me. He makes me feel so loved and wanted, and I get treated the opposite at home. She does not want to allow me to move. She does not approve and she says she won't let me go. She told me that after we've been dating for 5 years that she would be okay with me going to meet him by myself. On August 25th we are closing the distance, I'm going to go be with him regardless of what she has to say. I can't be away from him any longer. I deserve to be happy and be with the man who treats me like a princess and who actually loves me. Every time i bring up leaving she starts to "get sick" telling me shes going to vomit if i keep talking about it. the last thing she said to me was "i will not allow you to move to f**king canada to be with him"

How do I talk to her? How do I tell her that she can't control me anymore?

I'm in desperate need of help, any advice or anything would help me so much.
    Last edited by carolaante; July 9, 2016, 11:15 PM.

First of all you are 18. Take her off your damn account and get her Bank card canceled. Now.
    Second, you are 18 and a legal adult. She cannot "control" you anymore.
    Third, you are 18. I don't think you count as a minor with welfare stuff anymore, so that hast to be core tof d.

The one thing that concerns me is you seem to be more desperate to get away from your mother than closing the distance to be with your boyfriend. Are you closing it because you want to get away from your mother or because you want to be with your boyfriend?

Please do not run away and stay with him just to get a place to stay. Try to get someplace where you can get on your feet and live alone for a little bit so you can learn how to be responsible for yourself if you can.

I also do not think you can just up and move to Canada just like that there's different procedures that you need to go through to get permission to live there you will have to ask other members on the board how that works…

I wish you nothing but luck and success growing up out and getting to where you need to be

Comment

Working...
    X