Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing the distance on Tuesday

Hi Everybody,

Well, we got the k1 visa approval back in July and my fiancé will be leaving Honduras to join me in the US.

Any tips on things we should do during the first 5 days? I’m not looking for specific places in my city or anything, but rather, general things you found helpful or exciting when you closed the distance, or ideas you might dream about for your own closing of the distance. Was there anything unexpected during those early days or general advice you might offer?
    ** Met on OKC 6/8/15 ** 1st Visit & Engagement: 1/30/15 (San Jose, Costa Rica) ** 2nd Visit: 1/8/16 (San Pedro Sula, Honduras) ** i129f NOA1: 2/22/16 ** 3rd Visit: 3/19/16 (San Pedro Sula/Puerto Cortes, Honduras) ** i129f RFE: 5/6/16 ** NOA2 Approved 6/2/16 ** 4th Visit: 7/1/16 (Tela, Honduras) ** K1 Visa Interview Approved 7/18/16 ** K1 Visa Received 7/27/16 ** Closed The Distance: 8/16/16 ** Married 9/24/16 ** Greencard Application In progress **

Congratulations on closing the distance

Comment

Congratulations on entering this nice step on the long distance road

If SO and I were to close the distance, I would want to have two celebrations: one in a remote place with him only, prefferably somewhere we could see the ocean, fish and eat nice food, and the second time a party to celebrate in public.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Congratulations on closing the distance, I hope it all goes smoothly!

If it was me I'd like to spend at least one day just with my SO, eating some of our favourite food and relaxing somewhere private. Then the other days could be used doing things we had talked about doing and wanted to wait until seeing each other to do e.g. watching a film at the cinema.

Comment

When I closed the distance previously, I enjoyed the first few days just getting settled in. It was nice not to have to run around or try to have to fit things in. I could just enjoy getting my things put away and putting my touches on the place. A little shopping to get some things I needed that I hadn't brought. Since it's permanent, there was no need to hurry out and do things - just enjoy being together knowing I didn't have to leave this time.
          To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Omg, I am so happy for you guys.

I think the very first night, you guys should just relax at the home and share a nice lovely dinner together. Not in a restaurant. Just the two of you, in the comfort of your new home.
            Maybe you both cook dinner, pop some wine and enjoy each other company. On the other days, go out, take walks together. I think the both of you should do quiet things that allow you guys to reconnect and enjoying each other company.

Comment

Working...
            X