This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

job market difficulties

A few years ago me and my boyfriend decided that when we close the distance it will be to my home country. I'm more Han ready to close it now and he says he is aswell.

The problem is that the unemployment rate is quite high and there is a lot of competition. He is very good at his job but he has lower education level than usually required to the job so he gets overlooked easily. And he is quite particular where and what type of job he wants. So this means that there aren't many opportunities for him. He knows this but I'm not sure he fully comprehends it.

In my personal opinion he should just look for a job (which isn't easy either) and once he is here then continue to look for a suitable job. Its easier when you are here. Especially since my hometown doesnt have a lot of international companies. At the same time I think it is unfair for me to ask him to do this sInce work is ask big part of persons life. But in his way it may take forever. He is not interested in studying anymore.

I have been sick of the distance for a while now and really want to close it in order to see if we are compatible in close distance. Does anyone have similar experiences?

I think your way is reasonable. It's always better to be safe than sorry. Yes, he might hate the job he has while he is looking for a new one, but without a job all the financial burden falls on you and if you don't make enough to comfortable afford a living for both of you, then his way just won't work.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
    X