Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working in the UK as an American citizen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in the UK as an American citizen?

He lives in England, I live in Puerto Rico (American territory) and after spending the last 3 months living with him over there, I really did not want to return back here (only been home for a few days). The first thing we did was immediately look into getting married so I could go back but after getting over the initial shock of leaving each other, we decided that was a bit irrational and quick. We definitely want to be together, but don't want to marry for the wrong reason (citizenship), we need more time to be boyfriend/girlfriend and let our relationship blossom before jumping into a decision like that. However, there's no doubt that we want to continue living together. The ideal situation would be for me to get some kind of a visa that would allow me to work over there while he's finishing up Uni. It's just become a bit overwhelming and we're a bit lost in what our next step should be. Does anyone have any advice?

I would get a working holiday visa and spend a year there. That way you can live there on your terms, and I think it'll give you a long enough time to see how your relationship goes.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Where could I find that? That would be perfect but I've searched and searched and couldn't find anything like a working holiday visa.

Comment

Hola! Another Puertorican! My man is German, so I've been in your shoes about the international thing! Anyway, check this out https://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting-uk/ Hope it works for you!

Comment

Working...
        X