USA > UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA > UK

I'm not in a relationship so it may not be best to use this exact thread, but many of you that are in relationships, how did you move there without getting married or is that how you planned on becoming a resident?

I'm looking to move to the UK but from my understanding it will be really hard.

Any advice? A lawyer, I saw, but that may be for marriage? I'm not sure.

I am visiting the UK in October and deciding then between Scotland and England.

Also, to the mods, if this is the wrong place, feel free to move it.

Wanted to add that I was a member of here before, but my LDR didn't work out so I left. I'm back because I missed the people.

Yeah, most people who close the distance internationally do so via marriage, since it's often the easiest and most direct route. You might have better luck on a forum specifically for people looking to immigrate to the UK.

Most often, you must either have a job offer or a spouse in order to immigrate. Since you aren't looking to get married (in theory), you will most likely have to look at work visas and all those entail. That usually means finding work or doing some sort of exchange program. The UK has some Tier programs that you might qualify under, so give those a look.

There are countries that don't require you to have a job offer before entering. For example, Canada's immigration system takes a points-based approach that offers the most qualified applicants the opportunity to apply for permanent residence. Applicants must pass a background check, medical exam, English/French exam, and have their academic credentials evaluated for Canadian equivalency, as well as show proof of settlement funds (usually >$10000 USD) readily available to them, but they are not required to find a job before applying for PR.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Thank you for your response. Yeah, I'm going to look for other forums for it took. I missed LFAD so I came back and I'd thought I'd ask here too.

Comment

Always nice to have old members back
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Working...
        X