Well here goes it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well here goes it!

I guess this is a good time to start a thread on closing the distance. My GF is listing her house in WA state this week...

My house in NV is almost ready to list, we'll both get enough equity for a nice down payment for a home for us to share. I hate the fact that she's leaving WA which is a beautiful place to move to NV close to my job, but it makes more financial sense. For now we'll keep my place in Tahoe for weekends and such though. It's a weird mix of happiness, stress, tight coordination moving two and a half homes to get one, packing, fixing up stuff, dealing with job changes ug!

. Worth it? Oh yea.

That’s awesome! I hope selling both your homes goes smoothly (and quickly)! Yes, it will be so worth it to share 1 home together
    Read my LDR story!
    Facebook
    Instagram

Comment

Exciting times, hope that it all goes smoothly and you enjoy being together.

Comment

Well, another mile stone. My GF gave her notice today, a month's notice and the option to stay on as a part time consultant when needed. She'll be here in just over a month!

Comment

Congrats! Hoping everything keeps moving this easily and swiftly for you both!

Follow our story on Tumblr~

Comment

I guess another milestone to report, my GF made her moving arraignments with the U-Haul and some movers. Shoot this must be serious huh?!!?

Comment

Man, there's a lot too this, selling houses, applying for jobs, scheduling time off. I see my girl next Thursday, this will be our last visit. Weird to say that! After this visit I fly to Seattle to help her move. All the arrangements are made, I think anyway and we'll be living together by the end of the month.

I love my girl for sure, but I really didn't think I'd be off the market so fast :/.

Comment

Her home is listed and she's getting offers already. Her company is working out a deal where she can fly to WA and work part time. They'll cover expenses of course. I'll have my girl here before I know it.

Hey guys, I have a question/statement. My GF and I have a great relationship, but we do spend time apart, (of course what did you think its a LDR!!haha) anyway we are talking about when we live together to make sure we keep some healthy space between us, it's worked for us so far and neither of us want to ruin a good thing, but I can see wanting to spend 100% of our time together and risk smothering what we have. To those who have closed the distance how did you adjust? Honeymoon time, then some healthy distance, individual hobbies? Some apart time? After all just about everyone on this site developed their relationships with some degree of separation involved.

Comment

That is so exciting that she is already getting offers on the house!

I think at first it's okay to spoil yourselves and spend lots of time together! You deserve to enjoy this moment! Once you're both settled I'm sure she'll naturally find her own hobbies and friends. Ultimately, she is going to want to do something that you don't want to do, and you would just encourage her to go do it and enjoy herself and vice versa.
                  Read my LDR story!
                  Facebook
                  Instagram

Comment

She got an offer on her house today�� We're going to be living together very soon. The Seattle real estate market is strong

Comment

She signed the papers on her house last night. Then texted with me that I'm screwed now, she's got to live with me!

Man I love her sense of humor!

But for real, her house is sold, my plane ticket is bought to fly to Seattle to move her, she flys in to Reno/Tahoe tomorrow night for what will be our last visit. Well maybe if one of us lands in jail we'll have to start visiting again

Holy crap! I is going to be a we again before I know it.

Comment

Wow! That was fast!!! Congrats! Enjoy your “last” visit together
                        Read my LDR story!
                        Facebook
                        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                          Wow! That was fast!!! Congrats! Enjoy your “last” visit together
                          Thanks Michelle! Yes the Seattle area real estate market is strong, she might actually like me too which I don't understand but she'll be living with me full time by the second week in June.

Hey, quick word of advice for those couples living apart, make a plan, feel the struggle it will take, and then execute the plan. It's not easy, but I can't think of anything more important right now than my relationship with my GF Lisa, and the fact that we're following through with our plan.

Look, I know it's not easy, but it's do-able, go for it and don't look back. If Lisa and I break up, well it's worth the risk, if we're together for life than great, but please don't linger in relationship purgatory, do it or do not!

Comment

So glad everything went well. Wishing you both the best in closing the distance.

Comment

Well, I dropped her off at the airport a few hours ago. I'm not really sure how it feels right now, different for sure. Missing her? Yes of course, differently knowing that the next time I see her I'll be helping her pack to move in with me? Certainly. There was a sort of difference in this past visit, most of our visits are like little honeymoons, this was more like we were involved in a mature relationship. It was better in every way, even the sex was better. I'm very happy I met her, I think we're going to have a great life together.

Comment

Working...
                              X