Finally getting somewhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally getting somewhere

Hey everyone, long time no see! Why have I been gone for so long? Well, to be honest I just kind of forgot about this forum (whoops.) Anyway, I'm excited to share the news that we're finally getting our foot into the door for closing the distance! I'm going to start by applying for a seasonal work visa. There are a few jobs of interest in my fiancee's area that I can take up so I'm currently looking into that. While seasonal work isn't a sure fire way to get residency, at least I'll be able to spend 3-6 months in Norway at a time and get myself some experience working in the country, not to mention making money on top of it all. It's a long journey ahead, but we're prepared. As they say "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

I'm not going to lie, the distance has become harder recently. We've both been through a lot of ups and downs in life, and with those we've realized we need to get serious about closing the distance. We wanted to have it closed by now, but it's obvious that wasn't realistic for us. I want to at least be on a seasonal work visa by 2020. I'm planning on submitting my application in springtime next year, as that's when I'll (hopefully) to have enough money saved for the application. These days I never know what will come up that will clear my bank account.

I'll try to keep the process updated as things roll along, and if not you'll definitely hear about when it finally happens. Have a great day!
    -Aaron
    "Love, it's not an emotion. Love is a promise!"- The 12th Doctor in Death in Heaven

You need to stop focusing on the "what if" and keep focusing on the "what is."

First Time Meeting: August 10th 2014-August 21st 2014
    Second Time Meeting: March 13th 2015-March 20th 2015
    Third Meeting: December 27th 2015-January 21st 2016 (We got engaged!)
    Fourth Meeting: July 12th-August 25th 2016
    Fifth Meeting: February 10th-February 28th 2017 (My S/O came to America!)
    Next Meeting: June 20th-September 17th 2017 (Our longest visit yet!)

Good luck, wishing you the best!
    That feeling resonates with me a lot, it does get so much harder the longer away you are, especially after crazy life events away from each other.

Follow our story on Tumblr~

Comment

It's always a challenge, and international can be more so. Good luck, stay focused!

Comment

Working...
      X