Finally! Terrified and excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally! Terrified and excited

Hey guys! Thank you for taking the time to read me, I am in desperate need of advice.
    So there’s this guy I have “been with” for 2 years now. We have never seen each other but we talk every day, text, call, voice note, Skype...there’s not a day when we don’t talk.
    He is American and in the Navy and I am Mexican.
    So for a while now we have been talking about closing the distance. About a year ago he payed for me to renew my passport and visa so I could travel to the US.
    I thought that was amazing and chivalrous and it actually made me feel weird for accepting but i did at the end. For one or another reason we haven’t met yet...mostly because I’m scared. At the end of the day he’s a guy I met online and that scares the life out of me.
    I do trust and love him but I have seen one too many horror movies!
    So here are some questions I have for you guys. He says that it would be very difficult for him to come see me because he’s on active duty and he doesn’t have a passport. That’s why he payed for my visa and asked me to choose anywhere in the US where I feel comfortable and that he’ll meet me there. So is that true? Is it really hard for him to take a vacation out of the country?
    Second he has told me many times in the past years that his service is almost over but I mean, he’s a 25 year old man is he really getting out? Is that even possible? I thought military service was a life long thing, and say he does get out. Does that mean that he is like any other civilian? Cause the plan is that he wants to come to live in Mexico with me for a year while I finish college and graduate. I’m 22 so I’m almost done. Is that possible for him?
    And third he was just asked to finish his last year of service overseas in Bahrain. He asked me to come with him.
    And the thing is, i could, I want to!
    So the plan is to close the distance and take a beautiful one week vacation to make sure we click. And then he wants me to come live with him in the US for 3 months while we get ready to go to Bahrain. Be there for a year, finish with his service and come to Mexico for a while.
    So my questions are: can I go with him if we are not married? How dangerous is it to live there?
    I love this guy with all my heart and soul but I’m scared. I trust him, I really do but people put thoughts in my head and make me second guess myself!
    I’m obviously taking baby steps and we are going to close the distance and se how that goes first! Although I think it will be great!
    Please let me know what you think! I’m excited and scared and i couldn’t use some female intel on this!
    Thank you and lots of love!
    Last edited by sofigonz18; January 2, 2019, 09:51 PM.

I'm not qualified to give any advice I'm afraid, but I will be watching to see how things go for you two. Good luck!

Comment

Never close the distance with someone you haven't met in person. Online chemistry is absolutely fantastic, but it does not guarantee in-person chemistry.
      Yes, he could easily be getting out soon. Joining the US military is definitely not a lifetime commitment. I'm no expert, but I think my brother committed to four years of duty and then signed a two-year extension. When the contract is up, they might pressure him to resign or let him go, depending on what they need.
      You would have to check with your embassy's website for feasibility of you going to Bahrain. Every country has different agreements with each other. I'm not sure where he'll be staying, but if he's in Navy accommodations, I doubt you'll be allowed to stay with him. You'd have to really check into how that would work. Most military members leave their SOs in the States.
      My best advice is research, research, research. You should be the expert in this situation. And don't close the distance before you've met up in person. Closing the distance is stressful enough, without compounding it by the stress of meeting for the first time.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X