Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about paperwork?

Hello hello!

Just beginning the process of filing for K-1 with my fiance from New Zealand (YAY!) and I'm curious about some things to do with the Affidavit of Support.

I know that my earnings alone won't meet the guidelines for 125% poverty level, and my dad (who I currently live with) has agreed to sponsor my fiance with me.
    Has anyone done something like this? And if so, do you have any advice for making this part go as smoothly as possible?

Also, at what stage does this form need to be filed?

Thanks a ton!

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

When I went through the process, once we filed everything, I asked my American partner to then send me over all his information to gather for the Affidavit of Support because it was needed for my interview at the consulate! He sent me bank statements, W2s etc.

I did not need to co-sponsor since my partner was making enough money, I just know that if you co-sponsor you need to then meet the 125% for you, your fiance and the people in your household and I honestly think it is going to be the same process - proving that together you make enough money by providing information.

The visajourney forum is FILLED with people going through very similar situations and if not, you can write your own post and people are SO very helpful!

Good luck!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
    X