Looking for some advice :c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for some advice :c

So I don't even know where to begin... It looks pretty long, but I'd be happy if you read through it.

I live in Hungary and my boyfriend lives in Germany.
    The original plan was (really far future plan) that in a few years he moves here and we start a family here. The main reason of this is that my dream job is to be a police officer, and I can't be a police officer in Germany, if I'm Hungarian. I also got into the police academy (it's not that hard to get there).

For a few weeks now I saw a really bad point of this. I started to think about to live in Germany instead.

First of all Hungary is pretty bad. I mean the education and healthcare. If you don't have a lot of money, then you'll be struggling your whole life. For example every time you meet your doctor during pregnancy, you have to pay like 75€ and after you gave birth like 250€. With Hungarian salary it's kinda impossible, that's why tons of Hungarians work abroad.

Secondly, the salary in Hungary is terrible. As a police officer I'd earn like 442€ (while in Germany a police officer gets at least 1000€), noone would respect me here, and I don't even want to talk about the food they get (yes, it's still my dream job, because I want to help people and save their life).

My sister has a family for 5-6 years, and they still couldn't buy a home for themselves. In my city a not new built apartment costs 50 000€ (with 2 rooms, mostly without furniture). If you want to aply for a loan, then even your grandkids will pay it.
    So let's say, Hungary is not really good for a family and that stable life.

I want to raise my kid in a good enviroment. I don't want it to be like that we have to look for the prices and buy the cheapest milk for example. I also don't want my bf that he works in Germany and sometimes comes home. It'd terrible. I don't close the distance, so he can go to work abroad.
    I know that if we take a look on this with brain Germany would be the best option. But I can't imagine doing anything else. It's my dream. Since I was 3 years old I wanted to do this. It is really hard to think that I just quit the school.

I really don't know what should I do. I'm looking for help.

Hello

I did look up what requirements police academies have over here and it is indeed true that for many you need to have the German citizenship. Yet there are state-specific rules as well, so it is possible without the citizenship as well under different circumstances. I have never been to Hungary myself, yet people I know who come from there or have been there basically say the same things about the life there like you do. In comparison it sounds like the better option for you to come over here.
    You are still young so there is plenty of time to work towards your dream job. Til then try to learn the language, come over for visits, maybe even try to get a vacation job over here. I know it works for people coming from Poland, Romania and so on too, to come here for some months to work. For clarity in your specific case you and your boyfriend can contact a foreigner office close to where you or he live and see what your options are. It could at least be a start for you and also to get to know the country better while educating yourself and being with your partner, too

Comment

Agree with Lune. I think it`s a good idea and the way to start a new life.

Comment

Are there the same citizenship requirements for being a paramedic or fireman, or other rescue worker?

If you want to help people that would be another option for you to look into.

Comment

Working...
        X