Will we ever close the distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will we ever close the distance?

We were supposed to close the distance at the end of December. He is living across the United States in California right now working. He is trying to save up because jobs are hard to come by in my little town in Kentucky. He recently told me he needed to stay longer, until at least March, and I know that is only a few extra months, but I'm so sad and bitter toward the whole situation even though I know I shouldn't be. I am just so lonely and wonder if it will ever really happen or if I'm wasting my time putting myself through misery only to be let down again when March comes. This is my first LDR and I thought it would be easy because I feel like I would wait forever on him, but when it comes down to it, the waiting is not so easy.

It's a hard position to be in, for sure, and I can understand where your feelings are coming from. I can also understand where your SO is coming from-- I just recently closed the distance with my SO and gave up my job in the US in order to move out to where he is, and we ended up settling unexpectedly in a fairly sparse area where there aren't a lot of jobs for me. It puts stress on both parties and I feel bad that I'm relying on my SO's income and my savings to support both of us while I look for work.

How hashed out are your closing the distance plans? What is your SO waiting for that he needs to wait until March? It's very scary setting off somewhere without a job lined up and it can be very emotionally taxing when you go long periods of time without work.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

My now husband gave up his job when we closed the distance and it took a long time to find work. It did but an added stress on us and it was hard especially to the big ordeal of moving everything he owned and leaving his family. So I guess you need to either have a job or a financial safety net to ease the pressure. Maybe that’s what he’s trying to sort out.

Comment

Waiting can be so hard, i know that feeling :/ what can help is to try to stay busy somehow..
        I wish you all the best :*
        How long are you 2 already together if i might ask ?

Comment

Working...
        X