One Month Until We Close The Distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Month Until We Close The Distance

After we saw each other in the beginning of November, we will be closing the distance on January 12th, in which she'll be moving to Pennsylvania from Texas. A new step in our life after getting engaged and seeing eachother once, this will help us advance and work our relationship to see what we can do together.

Any advice for us both? So far, she has job offers from people I know due to the work I do and people I know.

Having a job to walk into definitely eases the pressure for sure, so that’s great. I guess my advice would be don’t be surprised or upset if they do get homesick. Sadly, in an ldr one person always ends up sacrificing more when they move. Missing home is natural and a part of the adjustment process. I tried to be as understanding as I could when my husband moved. At first I took it to heart thinking he should be happy now we are together but looking at his point of view helped me to empathise with him. Also, have time apart. After a ldr it’s natural to make them your whole world and want to spend every second together. However, it’s healthy to not smother each other and for both of you to have down time and some of your own friends. Of course you’ll have mutual friends but it’s nice to have your social lives outside of each other too.

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
      Having a job to walk into definitely eases the pressure for sure, so that’s great. I guess my advice would be don’t be surprised or upset if they do get homesick. Sadly, in an ldr one person always ends up sacrificing more when they move. Missing home is natural and a part of the adjustment process. I tried to be as understanding as I could when my husband moved. At first I took it to heart thinking he should be happy now we are together but looking at his point of view helped me to empathise with him. Also, have time apart. After a ldr it’s natural to make them your whole world and want to spend every second together. However, it’s healthy to not smother each other and for both of you to have down time and some of your own friends. Of course you’ll have mutual friends but it’s nice to have your social lives outside of each other too.

actually, I am also now at a long distance with my boyfriend. he met me on the dating website
      We are planning to live together in New York)
      It will be an amazing experience.

Comment

Just a quick update, we decided to change the date to January 3rd, and it is now officially planned with tickets paid for.

Comment

Working...
        X