Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to close the distance

Hey there to everyone who's reading this first line,

I felt like it's time to write something down, feel free to add your thoughts, some advice or your feelings. I always love to read any comments

So.. I've met my partner in the year 2012, i was 17 back then and he was 18. He's from Morocco and im from germany.. the first time we met was 2015 in Turkey, because its not easy for him to get a visa to germany... after that weve tried to meet up again, but 3 visas to germany got rejected. So we didn't see each other for some years. We nearly broke up because i couldn't handle it anymore, but we decided to meet again.. this time i came with my parents to Morocco for a holiday..in February 2019. And we got engaged. In September 2019 i traveled to Morocco again and we married. And tomorrow is the day that he will apply for a visa to come to Germany, to finally close the distance..after all this years. Im excited, but most of all so scared that they will refuse it.. it's time to find out.

Did you experience similar things ? Or is your partner perhaps also from Morocco? I would love to hear your stories :*

My story...I'll try to keep it short and simple. We met online in a video game back in 2011. Added each other to our friends list and only messaged each other a few times over several months. 2012 came and we were talking more and more and deeper feelings developed. Sometime in May we decided that we'd make things official and began referring to each other as gf/bf. We weren't able to visit each other in person until June 2014, when he flew over to visit me. We continued having visits 2 times a year, and in March 2018 while he was visiting me, we became engaged. In September of that year we sent out a petition for the fiance visa so he could come over and we'd get married. It was approved and he got his visa in July 2019. We finally closed the distance in September and were married in November. Thankfully we didn't have any issues with paperwork, it was just lots of waiting.
    Last edited by applescruff; February 6, 2020, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Aw that's a lovely ending ! I'm happy that you could finally close the distance! And congrats to yoir marriage ♡ i hope that we can also close the distance soon.. it's so exhausting

Comment

Best of luck to you!
        I met my husband 8 years ago. We did long distance (same country) for 4.5 years before closing the distance and getting married.

Comment

Working...
        X