Closing the distance seems impossible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing the distance seems impossible

Hey everyone, just found out about this page and this might be just what I need to get some advice.

My bf and I have been together for 3 years, and going LDR for about 1 year. We now want to close the distance, but there are some problems.
    I really struggle with getting work in his town, but I keep looking because I want to be near him. He recently lost his job, and was now in the position to search for something outside of his town, maybe in a place where we both could find jobs.
    But he's so reluctant to do it. Whenever we talk about it, he always says that I need to find something close to him, or that I need to commute to his city to see him. He is such a homebody, and I used to joke that it would be difficult for us if I didn't get a job close to him, but I'm not laughing anymore...
    Short story, he told me years ago when we first started dating that he moved for a woman before, and he would never do that again. I now think that I was stupid for ignoring the warning.
    But we have it good when we're together. He always says that he wants to be with me, he wants to live with me and he wants us to try for a real life together, but then he turns around and tells me that he won't leave his city no matter what.
    Am I wrong for feeling like it's my job here to make sure that we have a future? I just feel tired for fighting, when it seems like he won't fight for me as well.

Thanks for any help, I just needed to tell someone.

I don't think that you are wrong at all. As far as I am concerned relationships are all about compromise. Is it always going to be a case of him not getting his own way and then spitting his dummy out x

Comment

Working...
    X