Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise Covid time Wedding-Closing the distance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprise Covid time Wedding-Closing the distance!

Few weeks ago, we did it. We tied the knot.
    Coming to USA to visit him during this pandemic, we didn't plan this at all. It was just a visit like i did a year before.
    Not until the roller coaster of life hit us.
    Three day arriving, i got the news from home, all of my family members--ALL, positive with delta variant. From my mom, to all of my sisters and my brother in laws, also all of my nephew and nieces. My nephew was just 13 months old. For days, i got the thought that i feel guilty being here in USA, while all of my family struggling, my mom in and out ICU. And all i can see just text, no video calls. Just text now and then. And following weeks even more horrifying, 5 of my best friends lost their life in span of 3 weeks. I wanna go home, i cried. I feel really awful. My family finally getting better after 2 months.
    But my bf, and his family said dont, as my country still had the highest case for delta.
    Its just that moment when you realize, life is very short and, its aching to think that you might loose someone just like that.
    We tied the knot knowing we cant handle what's in front of us if we do the LDR again.
    Its a small ceremony, no preparation, i did my own make up and hair. We did it in city hall with 2 of our neighbor. Just something simple.
    Its still like unreal. Its amazing two years of LDR. Its hard and we just decided its time for us for closing the distance.

Congratulations! Best wishes for a smooth immigration process, whichever direction that might be
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you!, we decided we will do the AOS in here instead because i am already here. My b2 visa will be expired in January and my country border is closed for long time now. He cant visit me. And we know the backlog of the k1 and cr1 now is devastating.

Comment

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

I'm so sorry about your family and your friends. I can't imagine losing 5 friends in such a short span of time. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad your family is recovering.
        Read my LDR story!
        Facebook
        Instagram

Comment

Working...
        X