Wanting to close the distance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting to close the distance!

I've been thinking for the past few days and I'm tired of the distance between us.

So I'm planning on looking at apartments while I'm up there (October 27th is when I leave) I have said before that I don't want to live in an apartment and still prefer not to because I look at it as I'm spending money on a place I won't live forever BUT I'm going to get over that to be closer to my Clay

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on apartment searching?

Also just so you know I wouldn't plan on moving til early next year sometime (hopefully...) I have the money for an apartment now, but I don't have a car now, so I need to work on saving my money up for a car.

Would it be better to buy the car where I'm living now or wait to buy one there?

And if you have anymore advice about anything of this topic please do share!
    Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

Apartment Tips:
      - Tour. Everything. And bring someone with you, you need an extra pair of eyes. Sometimes you don't see everything.
      - See if the landlord will give you references of current tenants. Get those tenants' opinions on places.
      - Read apartment rating websites. Of course, take everything with a grain of salt, because there are people who love to complain about everything, but see if any particular grievances keep coming up.
      - Take pictures and go over them later in the day, or the next day.

As for the car, that's really your prerogative. If you want to get it now, then go ahead and do so. If you'd like to wait, that's cool too. I would suggest sitting down and doing the math for it though: how much you can pay up front, what you can afford to pay per month, how the APR's going affect the cost, etc.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

I'm not sure where you and your SO are located, but if its in different states, see if there's a significant sales tax difference before deciding where to buy your car, otherwise it probably doesn't matter much.

For apartments, remember to check into what utilities are and are not included in the rent, as that can make a real difference in your budget!
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks!
          I've looked all over the internet and have only found 3 places with a website so I think I'm really going to have to wait to really start looking more.
          I have also found online tips for moving out for your first time, and seen it says to make sure you have at least 3 months worth of rent and have enough for food and all so that way if you can't find a job RIGHT away or there are any problems you are covered

Comment

Check the local real estate agencies in the area, some of them handle rental units, although not necessarily in apartment complexes. Often they work for private owners who are renting a small bungalow or in-law suites on properties they own. You might be able to get a nice little place with more privacy that way, too.

And yeah, ramen noodles will be your best friend
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

When kevin and I were looking before I moved, I looked at apartments4rent.com. I gathered a list, and when we were together on visits we would look at the apartments together and keep a list of what we liked and didn't like. Also drive through the area at night!

As far as the car, I agree with the others. It's your decision.

Comment

Thanks!
                every bit helps so I'm all ears (or in this case all eyes... lol!)

Comment

Just thought I would give a update
                  I've been looking online more for apartments. I found one that sounded great for me but my friend recently went to Missouri and said that apartment complex has a reputation of bad people living there and his advice was not to look into that place :-\
                  SO I found another place that's a little bit higher priceing OR I could go for a studio which is a bit cheaper, but I think I would prefer having a bedroom lol.
                  I'm going to look more when I'm there in 5 DAYS!
                  Right now really the only thing holding me back is the need for a car. I don't want to move there and be stuck so I need a car but after I get a car I want to make a B line to Missouri

Comment

For the car, I think you should try craigslist of course get it checked on carfax.com but I really like craigslist it's a great site and to avoid dangers use common sense and pay in cash!

Comment

Working...
                    X