Talked about the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talked about the future

Well my SO and I had a little talk about our future. I looked online at the vet school I want to go to in Canada, and of course I have to live there for a year before I can even apply. I'm graduating from undergrad in 2013. Before my SO and I were just shooting towards that year. The problem is, my bf currently lives in BC and the vet school is in Alberta. He's going to be STARTING college next fall. And of course he says he doesn't want me to move up there until finances and stuff are stable, especially since he'd have to support me. So he said that we should maybe wait a year after I graduate for the move. Yet, technically he'll have one more year of school, so it might get pushed back to me moving up there in 2015. But then I still have to live for a year up there to go to vet school which is another 4 years (and I DOUBT I'll get in the first try) so argh! I guess I'll use those years to do some crazy volunteer work or w/e. It sort of puts me down that the years until we move in keep increasing. And even so I don't want to wait like FOREVER to go to vet school, y'know? *shrug* There's still plenty of years, I'm sure things'll work themselves out.

i really feel for you :/im not going school but things are so uncertain for us. soo many things to figure out that sometimes it gets hopeless...hang in there

Comment

I really feel you on this. You just have to go with the flow! I'm still confused with what I want to do but you have to do with the best you can. Plus what if you don't get accepted to those VET schools?! Everything happens for a reason. I really want to see my baby too and eventually close the distance, but if you wait and hold on it'll get easier and you won't regret it in the long run. Always do things for yourself and take care of yourself because in the long run it'll be beneficial for the long run and you'll have a lot of money to eventually move in together!

Comment

This is one of those cases where I feel you should listen to yourself and not your SO. Look, if you want to go to school now, and you can do it (it's financially able in your budget, etc), then I think you should go for it. You mentioned you won't be able to get in the first time - why not put in that first application now and see what happens? I mean, it's important to close the distance, but education is the top way to get leverage for a good job that doesn't involve active career searching.

Or, maybe you can get a job and start saving for grad school? I know I often feel like you do, and sometimes I have to remind myself of 1) how much I've gone through (I made a list so I can show myself XD) and 2) while my SO's important to my future discussion, in the end they are my decisions with my list of risks, and so my opinion does get the final vote.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I don't know much about it, but there is a Uni in kamloops BC that offers a vet course. I don't know if it's comparable to the school in Alberta or anything, but it might be worth a google.
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
          X