Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a job!!!

Hey all,
    I'm not really much of a poster, but I do read quite a lot of the threads started and have taken the advice of some whenever the thread applies to me.
    I finally got a job, my dream job working as a criminalist (for those who watch NCIS and Criminal minds, i'll be doing what Abby and Penelope does, lol) which means ..... drumroll.....I am closing the distance!!!!!!!
    After flying back and forth to Texas to do numerous interviews and a polygraph, I was offered the position yesterday to start the beginning of the new year. my SO and I are ecstatic to say the least since for the first time in 2 years we will be in the same city. Its nice knowing that I will finally be able to utilize my degrees and have a career as opposed to just a job . Now the hard stuff of packing and getting things in order begins now. Thank you all so much for allowing me to be a part of such a wonderul forum of people who understand exactly what I am going through in an LDR.
    ~Maria

Oh goodness, congratulations Maria! I think that is SO wonderful! When will you be moving/starting the new job?

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Yay, well isn't that wonderful news! Congratulations

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats!
        Where are you moving to?
        Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

That's awesome! I've been looking into jobs as a criminalist as well, but the field is so young now, that I'm probably just going to stay on the health side of things. Unless a position opens up in my SO's city.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Congrats! That is so exciting for you: closing the distance and getting a job in your field!! woooohooo

Comment

Thank you!!!!!
              @ Silviar and MissShortie.... I will be moving to Houston. I will be starting January 3rd. I'm excited but also scared at the same time. I know nobody there except my SO and another friend I had in college so i'm gonna have to get out of my shell and make some friends, lol.
              @squiddie.. I got my bachelors in Biology and my masters in biomedicine and i've always wanted to do forensics, but I didnt want to just limit myself to that field cause as you said it is a young field, so i erred on the side of caution, lol. I'm glad it payed off though, but just in case, I can always go back to my roots in research.
              ~Maria

Comment

That's awesome news!!! Congratulations!

Comment

That's fantastic! Congratulations!!!
                  LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
                  Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
                  Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Thank you!!!
                    ~Maria

Comment

I love to hear news like this! Congratulations!!!

Comment

OMG!! That's so exciting. First of all Congrats on the job. As a crim major, I'm super jealous and happy for you.
                        Secondly, I'm so excited for you that you are closing the distance. It's an amazing feeling. Good luck with everything!!!

Keep up updated!!
                        "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Congratulations, such great news, awesome job and closing the distance.

Comment

Thank you! I most certainly will keep you guys updated
                            ~Maria

Comment

HALLEJUAH!! that's some good news right there! Not only you got a job, but you got a DREAM JOB!! I'm soo happy for you!! GOOD JOB!!

Comment

Working...
                              X