Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theoretically we could be closing the distance in 2,5 weeks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theoretically we could be closing the distance in 2,5 weeks!

Right, so what's happened is this: we've found out LOADS about immigrating in Finland and even though they've tried to made it as hard as you possibly can we're gonna try our luck!

We've heard from several people that if Andy's not married to me, hasn't got a job in here or a place to study then it all comes down to money... if he can support for himself he could be accepted in.

So he's booking his flight here (one-way for the first time!) as we speak and he'll arrive on the 5th of December... We go to the police on the 7th with all his paperwork, his degree, his flight tickets to prove he's been here 8 times over the past 2 years, the names of the people we've spoke to (so that they'll know he's serious and has looked into things a lot), proof that I have a full-time job plus a letter of his intentions here (which would be to live here forever and marry me ).

If the police see it as he can provide for himself and we're for real then they just might accept his application!

I know it's a 50/50 shot but if we get rejected we won't give up (some Irish guy got rejected 4 times before getting accepted) and just keep trying. We're sick of this distance, we're sick of our lives being on hold, we want to be together forever and the first day of the rest of our lives could start on the 7th of December!

Please send good thoughts our way and cross your fingers!!!!

Wow Tanja that is Wonderful news!!! Im on vacation, so all the extra good and happy thouhhts i have are going your way
    im so excited for you guys, this is actually IT! youd crack up if you saw the way ppl are looking T
    me as im typing this as i have a humongous smile on
    my face <---- font size 72
    ill be mentioning you in my prayers, crossing my fingers it all goes perfectly
    Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
    And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
    ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Good luck! And especially good luck to Andy, who I know was having a really hard time making a decision on this! Keep us updated!

Comment

WOOOOO that is sooo exciting! Seriously. I could not be happier for you guys making this step! I will keep you in my thoughts and I hope that this works out. Sounds like some major decision making went on on that last trip!

Comment

lots of good thoughts your way - I'm so excited for you both!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

That's amazing! I'm very happy for you two! Best of luck as you make this next step to close the distance for good!
            My heart belongs to a pilot!
            ~*~
            ~*~
            [/center]

Comment

AAAAAAAAAHHHHH! (I'm jumping and screaming for you guys.)

My fingers are crossed for you guys! I know Finland's been a total PITA with regards to immigration, but I hope they'll see that the both of you are completely committed and serious and agree to let Andy stay.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

*crossing fingers on hands and toes!*
                if they reject you i'll come with shirts and banners and scream "let him in! let him in! we want welsh and finnish babies!"

Comment

YAY! I am sooooo happy for you both!!!!
                  NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Oh my goodness that's so exciting!!! I'm so happy for you guys! ^.^ With all my heart, I wish you the best of luck.

Comment

That is really awesome! I know this has been quite the process...

Good Luck!

I'll be praying that the police officers you speak with are having a great day. Maybe you should bring them some chocolate or something?

Comment

Fantastic! Good luck and I hope everything works out for you guys. Geeezzz you deserve it =)

Comment

wow! this is so exciting for the both of you!! I'm sending every positive thought, hope, dream, whatever your guys' way! GOOD LUCK and you both most definitely deserve it.

Comment

Good luck =D I really hope everything goes well. Yous guys definitely deserve it.

Comment

I am so excited for both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X