Major milestone passed- my UK visa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major milestone passed- my UK visa!

When Scott and I first decided that we needed to close the distance, there was so much that had to be done, it seemed nearly impossible!

My ex and I still being good friends, I was not only still living with him as a roommate- but we had gotten lazy and never actually bothered to finalize our divorce! So before I could even begin to start my life with Scott, I had to move out of the house I'd lived in for 7 years... find a new home and get set up there... file for divorce and go through that whole process... get divorce decree... plan the wedding with Scott... set the date... apply for a UK marriage visit Visa... get approved...

Today, 6 months from the kickoff of our Plan, I have accomplished all of the above and received my UK Visa! I wanted to hug and kiss the delivery man! I've flipped open my passport about 20 times today, just to stare at it and make sure it's still there, LOL. The UK visit visa process was fairly painless- I filled out an online application Oct 28. Did biometrics Nov 5th. Sent the papers to the consulate Nov 8th. Got visa today!

It's official now- I am free to travel to the UK in February to marry him. Last roadblock has been knocked out of the way, and nothin's gonna stop us now

Hard work round #2 will start after the wedding: After I stay with him for a month, I'll come back to the US and start the US spousal Visa process to get him over here.

But for now, we can just sit back for awhile and look forward to the wedding. All the details are worked out- we've got the menu, my dress, flowers (white bouquets dotted with purple Scottish thistles), cake, and guest list (20 people- nice and small!) all squared away. This is the fun part

We're halfway there in terms of the paperwork/effort as well as waiting. We've come so far, and I'm SO excited. This time next year, fingers crossed, we'll have an approved spousal visa for him and I'll be waking up beside him each morning!
    We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

That is awesome news! Congratulations to the both of you!

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
    -- Anonymous

Comment

That's great news!!! When is your wedding?

Comment

That's awesome. Congratulations!
        LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
        Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
        Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

This is wonderful news!!! I'm so happy for you both! When is the wedding? :3

First Met Online: May 08
          Became a Couple: 4.11.09
          First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
          Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
          Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

thats awesome! cant wait to finally say that!!!

Comment

Thanks so much guys!! The wedding will be February 19th in Scotland, at this hotel:

Here's my dress, not the best pic but it's the only one I've got: this is during alterations so the dress is just pinned together there, although it's all finished now. Hard to see in the pic but there's a tiny line of purple flowers along the cuffs of the sleeves and the neckline:

I can't wait!!! I just want to hibernate for the rest of winter and wake up in Scotland in February!

Comment

That's exciting news! What a gorgeous venue and dress!!

Comment

Congrats!!! That's awesome!!!

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                  - A. A. Milne

Comment

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats I hope February comes quickly for you!
                      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Beautiful dress! And the venue isn't too bad either
                        LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
                        Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
                        Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Cool, big congrats! And welcome to the UK

Where in Scotland is that? And great dress.

Comment

Thanks! I'll be insanely busy at work 'til the end of January- don't think I'll take many (if any) days off, not even weekends!!! But that's not such a bad thing, as it'll pass the time.

Originally posted by Petersgirl View Post
                            Cool, big congrats! And welcome to the UK

Where in Scotland is that? And great dress.
                            It's in Forres We'll be staying in Inverness the rest of the time- I've cleared with work to take almost a month off for this, yay!

Comment

Congratulations.
                              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X