Okay, feeling the STRESS now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, feeling the STRESS now

I am posting this here, because really, until Rane has his green card, our distance is not officially closed. -_-

Tuesday is our interview. We have a folder of joint bills, photos, greeting cards from the wedding/baby news addressed to both of us, bank statements, our marriage certificate, our birth certificates, his passport, a sealed letter from the reverend who married us confirming she stands behind our marriage as genuine, and a couple other random things.

The long ass drive is making me ill to think about. The fact that a year of our lives could be wiped out by an officer that doesn't like us is horrific. The fact that if it goes badly I am alone in this pregnancy, alone for the birth, alone for at LEAST the first year, it's just too much. I am hormonal anyway, this is pushing me into crackedville.

Then there is just the pregnancy itself. I am on 3 weeks of steroids, because we were at the last resort of things to try to make the vomiting stop. They help! But they make me sooooo cranky, starving, I feel like I'm dying of thirst 24/7, dizzy, and I get a fever/fire cheeks that come and go.

With the steroids, I'm taking meclizine, benedryl, my zofran pump (two needles into my belly a day), and I am sick of it!

I wish Tuesday was over. I wish we let people doing this the LEGAL way get into the country as those easily as those who come in illegally. Grrrr. (And while I'm ranting, how about some same sex couple visas too?? Love is love damn it)

I wish there was something I could say or do to make it easier on you I'll be thinking of you come Tuesday.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Wow i am so sorry you have to deal with this on top of everything else. Its easy for me to say don't worry, but you guys really are good people and everything will be just fine.

I am glad the medicine helps you stop vomitting, but I am sorry you have to go through so much. I will be thinking of you on Tuesday as well.

Comment

I'm sorry this is so stressful. It should be the happiest time of your life. Thinking of you on Tuesday.

Comment

*big squishy hugs, love, tea, dry toast, and a foot rub* So much good energy your way. You are an inspiration to people like me who want to close the distance internationally. I am rooting for you all the way. And if you need ANYTHING, let me know. MY family lives in and used to live in Kansas, so I have many resources at my disposal if you need them.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

(And while I'm ranting, how about some same sex couple visas too?? Love is love damn it)

big AMEN to that! and i know its alot for you right now honey but trust me you will be fine! you got enough to prove your relationship and your better prepared then anyone right now! i know easier said then done but try to relax, your baby will be here in no time just keep thinking of the first time you'll get to hold him/her and that should make you have a better day a little bit *huggles*

Comment

We will all be thinking about you on Tuesday and sending our best, most positive vibes, prayers and whatnot...I am so sorry you're having to go through this during what is supposed to be such a happy time. I had a physically fairly easy pregnancy but lots of emotional stuff happening so I can sort of empathize with your stress level...just remember, no matter what happens you have a whole bunch of people here to support you

Comment

courage to both of you
                i'm crossing my fingers that things go perfectly well, all nice and smooth!
                Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

*gives you big giant hugs and anything else you need*

Say "Listen lady! My baby is the size of a plum! Sign this form!"

Maybe that's not... the best way to handle it but still... PRAYING FOR YOU!!!!

Comment

Thank you all so much for the support! It really helps knowing there are people rooting for us.
                    I think this would have been easier to deal with one thing at a time, rather than this immigration/pregnancy/sick combo platter we have on our plate.

By the interview, the baby will either be the size of a peach, or a lemon, (depending on if you use my dates, or my doctors) when you measure him or her from head to it's bottom (legs aren't added in yet). Thats kinda fun to know. I really wasn't expecting pregnancy to be like this, but at least the weeks are going by, and I've come to the end of the first 1/3rd, which is a happy thing for sure.

Visajourney folks have said our evidence should be good enough. I wish we had more, but they really didn't give us a ton of time, nor the ability to have more income since they held onto Rane's work permit until just a couple weeks ago. I suppose all we can do is go in with confidence. We did everything by the book, we are happy... if they deny us, we will fight it. *sharpens claws*

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
                      Visajourney folks have said our evidence should be good enough. I wish we had more, but they really didn't give us a ton of time, nor the ability to have more income since they held onto Rane's work permit until just a couple weeks ago. I suppose all we can do is go in with confidence. We did everything by the book, we are happy... if they deny us, we will fight it. *sharpens claws*
                      So, I know I'm not an immigration expert, but I deal with government compliance every single day with my job. If you make sure you clearly document the fact that you just received the work permit and that's a direct causal link to the lack of funds, and are able to show correlations like that to any questions they have, you'll find it'll go just fine. Also, just keep in mind that to them, they don't know your situation particularly well, so make sure you explain things from their blind perspective. I think most of them are genuinely good people.

Thinking about you, lovely lady.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
                        Thank you all so much for the support! It really helps knowing there are people rooting for us.
                        I think this would have been easier to deal with one thing at a time, rather than this immigration/pregnancy/sick combo platter we have on our plate.

By the interview, the baby will either be the size of a peach, or a lemon, (depending on if you use my dates, or my doctors) when you measure him or her from head to it's bottom (legs aren't added in yet). Thats kinda fun to know. I really wasn't expecting pregnancy to be like this, but at least the weeks are going by, and I've come to the end of the first 1/3rd, which is a happy thing for sure.

oh yeah fight it with all you got if its not enough for them, thats the spirit from the sounds of it, you defiantly have as much proof as you can right now. It defiantly will help when you tell them he's attempting to look for work as well no worries you'll do great *huggles*

Comment

*hugs* Best of luck!!!!!! I hope everything goes well!

Comment

Grrr your situation frustrates me!!!! I really, really hope your interview goes well. As I said before, if there is any decency in the immigration process you will be fine. Try to relax in the next couple of days so
                            You don't go in there like a crazy pregnant lady!!! Good luck!!! Sounds like you have lots of evidence, which I hope has increased your confidence!!!

Comment

Good Luck with the interview tomorrow! I'm sure everything will go fine

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Working...
                              X