The adjustment of status interview.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The adjustment of status interview.

We took off early this morning. I had almost no sleep, on day 2 of a nasty headache, and starving. I was not in my perky place.

The drive was LONG. I had to stop to use a restroom on the way, it was unisex, and people had peed on the walls, as well as a big puddle in front of the toilet. *shudder* This did not help my mood.

We got there, waaay deep in Kansas City, Missouri. The security officer was just super nice, reassuring, and gave me no problems with my zofran pump. He chatted with us and was a really nice introduction to this building of terror!

Once past that, we had a seat for just a couple of minutes before a youngish man called us back. He was also very, very nice. Friendly, not intimidating, seemed interested in our story. I was asked my husbands name (I can't imagine if I had gotten that wrong haha), his parents names, if I worked, what our address is, how we met, if I had met his parents.

He asked Rane our dogs name, if he had met my parents, some details on the dates of our meeting/visits, and questions such as if he had ever killed anyone, if he had been through a situation where we wanted him out of the country, etc.

He asked us together about how our relationship progressed, if the baby was ours together, the size of our wedding.

He looked through our picture book, seemed to like the pics of my dog at the wedding, scanned two of the photos, and he took the letter our reverend wrote on our behalf (he seemed happy it was sealed, and surprised) to add to our file. He glanced at the stack of greeting cards I brought, which were from the wedding and baby congrats.

We were in there a very short time. The officer was great, and at the end, he said he would suggest approval. The computer systems were down, so pending one background check, they will be putting the green card in the mail in a couple weeks.

*cheer*

See! I knew it'd all work you, you lovely lady! Ah hah! I'd pick you up and twirl you around if I could.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Fantastic! I'm so happy for you both.

Comment

This is so great! I'm glad they were nice people. This will make a lot of people here a bit less frightened
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
          This is so great! I'm glad they were nice people. This will make a lot of people here a bit less frightened
          I know, right? All you can think is "boy, if they'd turn a poor pregnant woman out..." XD

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Aww yay! Congratulations!
            Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Congratulations!

Glad to hear it wasn't too bad, and am very thankful for the kind security officer. It's experiences like that that make me appreciate humanity.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Congrats , i knew everything would go well for the two of you

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Congrats!
                    LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
                    Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
                    Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

yaaaaay!!! knew you would get someone really nice *Huggles* congrats honey!

Comment

Yay!!!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, what a relief. So happy that went well, I bet it was a big weight off your shoulders.

Comment

i dont know you very well but ive been reading all your posts and i just had this feeling it would work out for you. im so glad it has congratulations!!

Comment

Working...
                              X