Distance closed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distance closed!

Hey guys just thought I would let everyone know Adam and I have closed the distance! This time last week we started the two day drive from Brisbane to albury. Kiara (our dog) slept the entire 18 hour drive - she was soooo good. We stopped at a low key motel overnight that allowed pets. We decided to take the coast road at the last minute cause the inland road were all flooded... The drive was pretty good - we split it between us and stopped every two hours. The hard bit was moving all our furniture together! We hired a truck to get everything out of Adams apartment... Lifting lounges wasn't fun lol... And were gonna do it all again when my furniture arrives in a couple of days...
    I started my new job in child protection, and I'm really liking it. Bosses are already discussing promotions for me, as I'm over qualified for my position but I need to get some experience before I can move up.
    Kiara loves her new backyard... And there's a locust plague down here at the moment so she's having fun rounding them up... And Adam is very happy to have his family back together again... As am I.
    This will be our first Christmas without visiting family, which will be weird, but we are ordering lots of food and Christmas-ing up the house- we even bought a christmas tree together :-)
    I graduated two days before we left so I'm just waiting on paperwork so I can submit it to the unis I have applied to study via distance with. Hopefully one will accept me :-)

Anyway I think that's everything. Merry christmas guys and hopefully I will had proper Internet early in the new year so I can get back on the forums properly :-)

I'm so glad things have gone so smoothly for you. Congrats! I'm hoping that things go as well as that for my SO and I once I got over next year.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

YAY! Congrats!
      LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
      Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
      Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

congratulations! hope you two will have a cozy merry christmas !!
        Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
        And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
        ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

congratulations.

yaaay!

Comment

Congrats!:-)

Comment

Working...
              X