Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 days of distance, Christmas & the move.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 days of distance, Christmas & the move.

Alright! I know I haven't been around much... I'm having an emotional "holy crap we're closing the distance, I hate commercial Christmas and can't get out of scrooge, why am I such a workaholic?" funk and just haven't been much for socializing.

But anyway...

I leave for my last trip to Pittsburgh tomorrow to spend Christmas with my SO and will stay in that freezing cold snowy yuckiness until Tuesday. I come back to Charlotte on Tuesday, then we have two days left of being apart and he moves here Friday, December 31st!

We have been looking into adopting a puppy and I have been doing a lot of window shopping as the apartment is pretty empty!

Is anybody else not feeling the Christmas spirit?

PS-Yes, I love baby Jesus, he's awesome. Yes, I know that Christmas is not all about the commercialized yuckiness, yes it's the thought that counts, blah blah blah...

Originally posted by NikkiP View Post
    Is anybody else not feeling the Christmas spirit?

PS-Yes, I love baby Jesus, he's awesome. Yes, I know that Christmas is not all about the commercialized yuckiness, yes it's the thought that counts, blah blah blah...
    Sorry babe, you had me at the blah blah blah. *giggles*

It's ok, I know how you feel. I'm so busy with work (working today), and just living life that I haven't had any chance to pause and appreciate or enjoy the season. And since I won't get to talk to my SO, nor will I get a real break at all this week... what's a holiday? Heh.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Like, I leave in the morning for a 5 day visit which I'm excited about but I am not looking forward to Saturday.

Maybe it's just cause I'm not getting "my" Christmas. *shrugs*

I'm at work today also so I hear ya!

Comment

Originally posted by NikkiP View Post
        Like, I leave in the morning for a 5 day visit which I'm excited about but I am not looking forward to Saturday.

Maybe it's just cause I'm not getting "my" Christmas. *shrugs*

I'm at work today also so I hear ya!
        But you know, it's different when you're older. You have the responsibilities and price tag along with the Christmas, and your focus appropriately so is on getting everything sorted in short order. I'm sure when you're there having the Christmas celebration you'll be able to relax and enjoy it. That's how it was for me when I first moved into Adult World (tm). If you know what I mean.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I haven't been in much of the spirit either...I love Christmas but maybe because its a Sat. or maybe because I don't have much money and we haven't put up any decorations or maybe because I'm just anxious about seeing my SO on the 28th that I just want Christmas to pass lol not sure which. But i completely understand...but get excited you are going to spend the next few days with the man you love and then you won't have to miss him from a distance anymore! You will get to start your new year together which is more than a lot of people are able to get...so cheer up you have already gotten two of the best gifts love and life :-). Ps. I love baby Jesus too and I am mindful of the real reason for the season but its crazy how out of the shopping frenzy I am...shrugs oh well

Comment

Working...
          X