Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had no idea I was dating a 1000 year old man...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had no idea I was dating a 1000 year old man...

My SO has quit his job and is coming in February!

So today he says "let's get the tickets!" Horray! Well turns out this meant I had to walk him through the process... step... by... step. It was EXCRUCIATING. It was like talking to someone who had never seen a computer before in their life.

Me: "now see the blue box that says 'travel insurance', uncheck it."
    Him: "Blue box? There is no blue box. Should I press continue?"
    Me: "Where the HELL ARE YOU?? Your total should say 33$"
    Him: "it says 63$."
    Me: "Why? What else did you click? You should only have one thing clicked and it should be 33$!!!!"
    Him: "I don't know. Oh there's the blue box!"
    Me:

aggggghhhhhh it was soooo frustrating! I mean he's come visit me before, how the hell did he get his ticket last time?

Annnnnd finally in the end of all that freaking mess, it turns out you had to buy the tickets with a card that had an american address. Which means I just spent the last 2 hours walking my idiot boyfriend through buying a plane ticket online, when I had to buy it all along. ARG!

Anywayssssss it's done now I'm not mad, just really surprised that he is completely computer/internet incompetent.

Hahah this story cracks me up because I know EXACTLY how you feel. My SO is not at all used to using computers. I don't think he had used one for like 8 years before I waltzed in. So trying to get him to set up skype was paiiinnnnful!

But you gotta love 'em

Comment

OMG!!!! This is SOOOOOOO me and my SO! We had an inciden the other day and I was like...OMG I have to take a break from this...hahahahhahahah
      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

YES! There was this one point where I said "fill that page out, I'll be right back." And went and sat outside and called my sister and complained! haha Couldn't do it all in one sitting...

PS-by the time I got back, he had only filled in his name and was wondering where to put his credit card #... where there is a blank that says "CREDIT CARD NUMBER"! hahahaha

Comment

haha..thats cute..:-D maybe next time you can use an application call "teamviewer"..download it..and ask your SO to download it too..then you can see each other pc..so you can control his pc..and do everything together..:-) its an awesome application..

Comment

DO WE HAVE THE SAME SO's??? Lol jk

But seriously. BRYAN IS THE EXACT SAME WAY

Sometime its like trying to talk to a baby or something. I need to detail everystep. Ir he's completely lost.

But you know what i love the whole time he's like yup uh huh mhm

Then im like kay got it? And he's like NOPE

Uhnnmmmmmmmm why did'nt u tell me that 834839 steps ago -_-

<3 love him
            I believe that two people are connected at the heart and it doesn't matter what you do or who you are or where you live. There are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together - Julia Roberts

Comment

Hahaha, my SO graduated from college with a degree in Computer Science so I never have to worry about that XD Though he sure gets sick and tired of helping me out every day.

Comment

That's how I feel when I have to help my mom. Especially since I moved, she calls me constantly to ask for help.
                And I have low patience. It's almost painful for me to help her.

Her: "But... I can't see how to continue to the next page!"
                *I need to turn on my computer, and enter the same page*
                Me: "There's a button there says next!"
                Her: "Where!? I can see it! It's not on my computer!"
                Me: "It's there! Have you tried scrolling down?"
                Her: "Scrolling down...? ... on that side thing? ... ahh there the button was!"

Comment

My SO can be exactly the same. He has recently gotten the new Skype. So today we were playing rummikub and it took him ages to figure out how to get that mini-video that's always in the foreground, so he could play and still see me.
                  (Fun fact: His grandpa is 87 and he knows how to use skype better than my SO. Fail.)

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

In situations like that, I'm tempted to borrow the line "Excuse me, are you from the past?"

Comment

LOL My SO is a tech geek and completely self sufficient at all things computer related. BUT my boss is EXACTLY like the OP's SO.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                      And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by sabby64 View Post
                        Hahaha, my SO graduated from college with a degree in Computer Science so I never have to worry about that XD Though he sure gets sick and tired of helping me out every day.
                        Mine too! well... computer engineering... and he is kinda impressed that I know so much... but before him I dated a guy for 5 years that was extremely computer savvy and I had to learn a lot because eventually he stopped doing it for me...

Comment

I thought this video might be appropriate to the thread content.
                          My heart belongs to a pilot!
                          ~*~
                          ~*~
                          [/center]

Comment

Bwahahahahahaha!! Exactly!!!!

Comment

My stepdad is like that... he's getting better though. He used to think if he pressed the wrong key the computer would blow up or something. haha

First Met Online: May 08
                              Became a Couple: 4.11.09
                              First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
                              Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
                              Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

Working...
                              X