Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phew!

Hi again

Andy brought his PC over last weekend so I'm back for good now! Just gotta find the time to post now which can be a bit of a problem but oh well

I have so much to say! Things to be happy about... and things to vent about... life isn't perfect even though we've closed the distance

I don't even know where to start really hah.

We have been very happy as I'm sure you all can imagine. But there has been certain things that we don't quite agree on.. Big things as well and even though we've talked about them they still linger at the back of my mind every day... Must be a woman thing

This is my first proper post in a long time so I won't spoil it by being all negative though!

Like some of you know another couple we met on here closed the distance as well and we've all become good friends, it's been so great for both Andy and Sam to have a friend here where everything is new to them and the culture is different... not to mention the horrible language we Finns speak

We all have ordered football channels now so the guys can watch their games and us girls can talk about pink stuff and flowers (apparently) haha :P

We're going to a hockey game tomorrow which will be nice without a doubt and we're planning to have footy and game nights at each other's places from time to time... Also I suggested to Elina that we'd start having cooking nights together simply cause I LOVE FOOD

Oh, Luce asked how far apart we live from each other - about half an hour drive which isn't bad at all

I see the Things to do- list has grown as well! Not long to go and it'll be a round 100! Amazing job Michelle and Frank! LFAD rocks! *Raise your hand if you agree*

Love you all and it's great to be back!

Ps Andy says hi to everyone

*Raises hand*

Welcome back Glad to hear that most things are going good. Mmm cookies... I should bake today. *nods*

p.s Hi Handy Andy!
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Yay happy to hear from you guys Cooking nights sound fun too!

Comment

I'm glad to hear things are going well.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

yay for things going (mostly) well!

Comment

If life was perfect... it wouldn't be life! There will always be little bumps here and there but now you two can take them on TOGETHER, without all those miles in the way. I'm so happy for you guys!!! And it's great to hear from you!
            We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

Comment

*Raises Hand!*

Sooo happy to see you back!

Comment

Ah! I'm so happy for you!!!!!

Comment

Heyyy woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you!!!!!! So glad you have posted!

I am so glad when people actually say that things aren't perfect. Too many people think that it will be perfect when things are CD. Take the rose colored glasses off and realize it is LIFE. Life has ups downs and rollercoasters...

Half hour...awesome!!!
                  NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

How exciting! That's awesome that the two of them can go through this together - and you and Elina can go through your side of it together as well

Comment

it's great to hear from you and i'm glad everything is going well for you guys

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I never expected everything to be perfect - if it was that would be boring

We did have a serious talk about things yesterday morning and I think we both understand each other a bit better now. It's just about making compromises so that we both can get what we want and support each other in getting it.

Andy said that when you live together 24/7 you're bound to get annoyed with things the other one does no matter how little or insignificant they are.. and I totally agree! Things seem to work out for the best IF you just tell your SO about your feelings and talk things through. I guess I need to take my own advice more often

Ok moving on: we met Sam and Elina last night, first went to have a dinner in a restaurant (they had NEVER eaten in a restaurant before! :o) and then went to the ice hockey game which was so exciting! We won 3-2

I'll add some pictures soon, now we're about to clean the house from top to bottom and then head off to my mum's birthday. Everyone have a nice day and remember to love yourself

Comment

Ok decided to quickly upload the pictures anyway (cleaning can wait a few minutes ), here they are: LD to CD friends

Comment

Working...
                          X