Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last minute tips? And suggestions for Vday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last minute tips? And suggestions for Vday?

My SO will be here in (minus today) ONE WEEK. aaagghh!

I've moved all my clothes to one side of my closet. I've cleared out 2 drawers for him (he only needs two... I have lots more underwear!) I'm getting a little night stand for *his* side of the bed. What else to do?? Any last minute tips? I've never lived with an SO before. I've had roommates for years, but this is the first time my BEDROOM will be shared.

Also-- he's flying in on VDay. I have to work all day, drive an hour and a half to the airport, get him, then drive the hour and a half back to my apartment. I KNOW I'm not gonna want to a) go out to dinner, or b) cook anything elaborate. I was thinking of just getting some good crackers and cheese to snack on with some wine. But I know he'll be hungry. Any suggestions on what to do that night?

thankssssss exciteddddddd

No advice really.....JUST EXCITEMENT for you!!

Maybe try to get some of this favorite foods to put in the fridge/cupboards? Decorate a bit? I love when I come back home and my SO has put love notes all over the apartment for me

Comment

I can't really think of anything else you could need for him. It sounds like you've basically got it all covered. I'm so excited for you and I wish you nothing but the best of luck and happiness!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

this is so exciting!

just as Mlle said, i would stock up on his favorite cereal/coffee/juice etc... you could also get him his razors, shaving cream, a new toothbrush, shampoo etc if you know his favorite products, if not i'd swing by the store with him... as for dinner, you could pick up something from your favorite restaurant on your way home, or order in

the nightstand is great! you might also want to get a lamp? you might not always have the same sleeping habits, he might want to read late or something, and not want to turn on all the lighting..

best of luck to you!
        Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
        And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
        ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Originally posted by ioanna View Post
          this is so exciting!

just as Mlle said, i would stock up on his favorite cereal/coffee/juice etc... you could also get him his razors, shaving cream, a new toothbrush, shampoo etc if you know his favorite products, if not i'd swing by the store with him... as for dinner, you could pick up something from your favorite restaurant on your way home, or order in
          I was going to suggest ordering in, too. You could collect menus of different pizza, Indian or whatever you have-places in your area and then pick out the best one, with your SO

Ohh and good luck, have an awesome valentine's day (and next half year )

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

You could always order steak dinners or something to go from a place like Applebees or something. That eliminates eating out or cooking and gives you a decent meal.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
            - A. A. Milne

Comment

Ooooh you can pick up Jamaican food from a Jamaican restuarant the day before he arrives and just tell him "Hey, baby you're Jamaican me hungry!" hehe ok maybe not that cheesy but you should pick up Jamaican food or try to get it delievered! Or use good ole netflix and order in some dominos pizza

Comment

Working...
              X