So Close Yet So far.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Close Yet So far.....

I had plans previously on moving to Arizona with my honey but.... there are other job opportunities that are available on a global scale that I'm willing to take.... I feel so bad because I did apply for positions in Arizona but I don't know if I'm going to get them and I had my heart set on Arizona but with the condition of this economy anything is good and I do need money... But yeah, I kind of underestimated on how easy it was going to be to just move with your SO... esp. with jobs and then finding the right job for you not just any job. Like I don't want to work at a fast food place with a college degree lol. (Arizona is known for their field in medical and health care and I don't have a speciality in that..) So when I commented earlier about how easy the decision is and be selfish and focus on yourself meaning choose the decision that will benefit you... well now I understand.... I understand on where you guys are coming from and how hard it is to choose between something good for you and finally closing the distance with your SO . I'm still going to do my best on my interviews and take what's out there for me...but it just sucks that I might not be able to close the distance as soon as I thought I would.... ... but who knows it's still up in the air and I have about 3 months (my graduation) to really decide on my decision! ... anyone in this predictament so close yet so far... because of the L word LIFE lol!

Look at it this way - with love, you both make sacrifices to be with each other. It happens. You guys gotta work together to find a place that benefits both of you through whatever's most important to you. If a job for you is that important, then perhaps he should revisit being the one to move - plus having an income to move to is a very good thing.

Things like this make me happy that i'm a feckless freelancer.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Originally posted by Silviar View Post
      Look at it this way - with love, you both make sacrifices to be with each other. It happens. You guys gotta work together to find a place that benefits both of you through whatever's most important to you. If a job for you is that important, then perhaps he should revisit being the one to move - plus having an income to move to is a very good thing.

Things like this make me happy that i'm a feckless freelancer.
      That's great that you're a freelancer I don't know I'm about to graduate and it might have to be long distance for a while....waaa oh well anything can still happen but we might have to do long distance for a while.... -_-

Comment

Sometimes relationships takes sacrifice, and that's why I scrub toilets for a living rather than being in Uni. I know, sometimes later, Obi will give me the chance to catch up and have the career I want, but for now being in the same country is what is important to us.

With that said, there's no reason you can't work your fast food job while you continue to job hunt for a career job. You don't have to get a job right out of school and stick with it til you retire.

There's always options.
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
        X