HOW??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW??

my boy and i have been in LDR for 2 years and 1 month.. we havent meet..
    the question is... how could i convince him to finally meet up with me?
    during the early stage of our relationship, he had been insisting to meet me which i rejected because of fear- of losing him once he sees me undesirable.. now we're seriously and madly inlove, though he promised to meet me last christmas, he hadn't for he needs to take his vacation back in canada.. Now, i already told him to come and meet my family this summer.
    He says yes, but I am not sure it's gonna happen.. (there are things which hinders him to see me.)
    what do you think? thanks guys..

I think you need to meet with him! If you've been in a relationship for that long and you still haven't seen each other face to face, it's time. As you probably know, there's just something different about seeing your boyfriend in person... and if you see a future with him, you're going to have to meet with him eventually.

You talk about him coming and meeting you... did you ever think about going and seeing him? Or is it impossible?

Comment

When it came time for Obi and I to meet in person, I stopped waiting and got on that plane. I said "If I showed up at your door, would I be welcome to stay there?" and he said yes. I said "I'll be there at Christmas then." And that was that.

There are always obsticles, always things that get in the way, but you can choose to overcome them rather than backing down. So my advice would be "Just do it".

If there's a really good reason (note - really good!) you can't go to him, then just make a plan of action with set dates to help him get to you, and make sure he sticks to it.
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
        When it came time for Obi and I to meet in person, I stopped waiting and got on that plane. I said "If I showed up at your door, would I be welcome to stay there?" and he said yes. I said "I'll be there at Christmas then." And that was that.

There are always obsticles, always things that get in the way, but you can choose to overcome them rather than backing down. So my advice would be "Just do it".

If there's a really good reason (note - really good!) you can't go to him, then just make a plan of action with set dates to help him get to you, and make sure he sticks to it.
        This! Sometimes you gotta just go for it!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I agree, with the sentiments above.. make a couple different plans to discuss with him.. and just go for it.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
          And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

I agree with the comments above. Just go for it!
            You could also consider meeting in another country, or just a place that is not familiar to either of you so it wouldn't be one going to the other.

Comment

thnx guys

Comment

Working...
              X